“Very Good hotel at Amsterdam”

WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #36 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 11, 2014

High level of rooms and cleaning, beside not too far location (5 min to tram station walking distance and 15 minutes tram drive to the center)
A/C was a bit noisy and didn't really got to the proper lower levels but still functioned
Hotel service is very good
Very nice breakfast served and nice sky bar
Will be back for sure

Room Tip: Ask for high floor level in order to prevent nearby public garden noises at afternoons
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ezra A
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Ezra A,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. Your compliments are very appreciated! Thank you for recommending our hotel and for returning in the future. That is the best compliment we can get!

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in November last year for my birthday. The interior of the hotel is beautifully decorated and very trendy. The hotel staff are so friendly and the hotel is in a good location, only one tram away from the main square. Lots of things to do in the hotel as well!!

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Krispy_92,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments will be shared with my entire team. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others! I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Three friends and I (all students) found a cheap deal and we so pleased when we arrived. The facilities were fantastic and the all very clean. Food was slightly expensive; but otherwise I would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Rachel S
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Rachel S,

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We have just returned from an enjoyable five night stay at the Westcord fashion hotel. It is located to the West of the city and only a five minute ride from the airport via the excellent efficient rail service (4 euro each). Get off the train at Lelyllan station and you can walk (yes, I said walk) to the hotel in five minutes. There are a lot of reviews of this hotel from persons who complain that it is too far out from the city. You can walk there in thirty minutes through the adjacent Vondelpark which is a beautiful walk. Alternatively you can make use of the cycles on hire from the hotel. They are excellent (new) cycles and it costs 12.50 euro for a 24 hour period of hire. Cycling into the city takes about 10 minutes and it is safe and away from traffic (watch out for the mopeds and scooters however which zipp along the cycle lanes and creep up on you without warning). If you really are too lazy to walk or cycle or perhaps unfortunately infirm, then there is the equally excellent tram service which passes outside of the hotel. Get a 24 hr ticket on the tram for 7.50 euro, hop on and off and travel the entire city.

The hotel itself is very modern. It appears to either be very new or recently refurbished. The rooms are spacious and well fitted, clean and very well serviced.
All of the staff and very polite, friendly and willing to help. The swimming pool is very nice and modern together with the fitness room.
We did not use the restaurant but it appeared to be a top class provision.

There is a bar on the ground floor opposite the reception. It is pleasant and comfortable and can get busy (particularly when Holland were playing Costa Rica in the quarter finals of the World Cup and it was displayed on a large screen TV).

If you don't wish to eat in the hotel then there are many small cafés and varied restaurants within a short distance of the hotel around the area of Vondelpark.

The hotel also has many umbrellas available for the many showers which you can expect when in the city. The sun also shines on some days ( well, two out of five for me, and it is summer in Northern Europe!).

I can certainly recommend this hotel . In my opinion I would stay clear of some of the more centrally located hotels which appear to be a lot smaller and more grubby than the Westcord fashion hotel ( unless you can afford to pay the rediculous prices of the better hotels).

PS. The bar at the fashion hotel will be a lot quieter following the recent exit of Holland from the World Cup. Sorry Holland :-(

Room Tip: The hotel has ten floors. Ask for a room on one of the higher floors and get a great view of the cit...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Glennr97

Dear Glennr97,
“Excellent Hotel” what a great start for a review! Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. As an Amsterdam citizen I can confirm that a bicycle is the best transport to discover our beautiful city. We are all very sad that we lost against Argentina….
Thank you for recommending our hotel, I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Although not located in the city center, the hotel is very nice with very clean, quiet and stylish rooms; very kind and helpful staff solving all our requests; cozy bar on the 10th floor; the spa area is very clean, but the pool is rather small. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RalukRal

Dear RalukRal,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that we have met your expectations! Your compliment are very appreciated. I will share your feedback with my entire team. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again!
Kindest regards

Reviewed July 6, 2014

3 of us stayed for a girly weekend. Apart from being completely ripped off by the cab driver from the station our stay was made so much better by the lovely staff and in particular Karsten at reception who checked us in, gave us a map and sold us a tram ticket for 12 euros for 48 hours - we definitely got our moneys worth. Trams are awesome and frequent. We did walk back once from Dam Square to the hotel - it was about 50 minutes but made the hangover feel a bit better! The glass window was interesting and made our showers a bit quicker but the rooms were clean, tidy, spacious and comfortable - well worth the money. Would I stay here again? Absolutely - more for the excellent customer service we received, Karsten went above and beyond.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank anganderin

Dear anganderin,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. I’m feel sorry about your experience you have had with the taxi. Your compliments are very appreciated! Thank you for recommending our hotel and for returning in the future. That is the best compliment we can get!

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel in a peaceful block of Amsterdam. Rooms are adequate to standard, Prompt service, very clean rooms, swimming pool and fitness room very nice. Breakfast +++. Staff +++. Highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank massimo p

Dear massimo p,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments are very appreciated! Thank you for recommending our hotel to others. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests in the future!