“few problems but overall enjoyed the stay”

WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #31 of 365 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed for one night on a quick trip to Amsterdam in April. It is out of the city centre but there are two trams that get you in very quickly or we actually decided to walk in through the parks which was really lovely.
The rooms were big and spotlessly clean, very comfy beds and great shower facilities as well. Didn't manage to visit the gym but the bar on the top floor was nice with really tasty cocktails and a good DJ playing a mixture of music. Didn't have breakfast there but the bar snacks were nice!
All in all a great place to stay that wasn't too expensive and very easily accessible - would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Laura C
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Laura C,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that we have met your expectations and that you rate us with 5 out of 5! I will share your feedback with my entire team. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again!
Kindest regards
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have stayed with my wife in this Easter week in this hotel. It is my utmost pleasure to introduce this hotel as one of the best I've stayed in Europe. I picked it looking at the great reviews at the tripadvisor. It will give no regrets, the hotel treats us even better.
Located 15/20 mins train ride from Schiphol. We walked from the Leylaan station to hotel which took nearly 10/12 mins. You can even take the tram no 1 or 17 from the station. The nearest stop to hotel called Surinameplein. You can take the same tram routes to reach Amsterdam Centraal which is like 15 mins ride.
My only complain is bed quality, as it turn out to be 2 single mattresses are joined rather than a double mattress. That's the only glitch we faced throughout the stay. The hotel staff were really friendly and willing to lend a hand all the time. Pool, Gym, Sky Bar along with the business centre computers with printing facilities are few things we enjoyed during our stay.

Room Tip: you can always specify your requirement. Quiet yet exciting hotel overall. I stayed in the level 5...
3 Thank Kasunu
Dear Kasunu,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments about my team and our facilities are very appreciated and will be shared with my entire team. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others! I look forward to your next visit!
Comines, Hainaut, Belgium
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We came for one night in your hotel. We booked because of good way people speak about you on Tripadvisor. Even with all what we already knew about you, you surprised us even more and in good way!
Your gift for our honey moon touched us very much and we appreciate way you received us and quality of everything : how look like desk, rooms, skyybar, swimming pool...
Really, be sure we already spoke about you! Some friends already tols us they'll come to you in their next trip in your city!
Antoine & Slava

1 Thank Antoine7780
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Antoine and Slava,
“Thank you veyu much!” What a great start of a review! Thank you for sharing your feedback and for all the kind words. I’m delighted to read that you rate us with 5 out of 5 and you’ve enjoyed your stay and your honeymoon gifts so much. Thank you for choosing our hotel and for recommending it to others. I look forward to welcome you again to the WestCord Fashion Hotel!
Limavady, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We picked this hotel for price as the hotels in Amsterdam were all pretty expensive. We were not disappointed. Its only one train and one tram stop from the Airport and the trams numbers 1 & 17 a few minutes from the hotel had you in the city centre within 10 minutes. The hotel food was excellent although pricy. All staff were extremely helpful and spoke perfect English. A very quiet area of Amsterdam which suited us perfectly and made for an excellent relaxing stay after non stop walking of the city each day visiting all the sites. Rooms spacious and air conditioned and serviced each day. Chic Boutique style.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 9th floor and it was lovely and quiet.
1 Thank hilandHendy50
Dear hilandHendy50,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments about my team and our food are very appreciated and will be shared with my entire team. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others! I look forward to your next visit!
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Very nice hotel. The center of Amsterdam is easily accessible by tram (you can also buy tickets at the front desk). Good breakfast, although a little bit expensive. I would strongly recommand this hotel, especially for a romantic week end.

Dear Francis V,
Thank you for your short and clear review on Tripadvisor! I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again to the WestCord Fashion!
WestCord fashion Hotel
wales
Reviewed April 23, 2014

arrived with my family to a very warm friendly greeting at reception.After a fast and efficient check in and plenty of advice on hotel facilities and services we got the lift to the sixth floor.We opened our doors to spotlessly clean and plush rooms.we got exactly what we had requested one room with two single beds and one with a double bed could not have wished for more.We quickly showered in the beautiful bathroom complete with a deep deep bath.Toilets were in separate rooms also lovely.Went down stairs and decided to have dinner at the hotel we could have had a fixed price three course dinner for 39euros but opted instead to dine from the bar restaurant instead.What beautiful food! If we had not wished to try other restaurants in Amsterdam we would very happily dined at the Westcord as it was we had another meal at the Westcord later in the week and that too was marvellous.The prices for 4 persons for two courses including beer coke and a glass a wine was 100 euro per meal.Could have been much less if we had chosen different dishes.We also made use of the free magnificent swimming pool and my son and daughter in law had a 30 minute body massage costing 30 euros each.They tell me they were in the hands of experts.There was one hiccup during our stay I had ordered a bottle of champagne to be in our room on arrival but it was not there.I can tell you that this was put right immediately by the hotel so much so I felt guilty about complaining. What a magnificent gesture by the management so thank you to them.The Westcord fashion hotel is one train stop from Schipol airport to Leylaan station and a ten minute easy walk from there or catch no1/no17 tram to Surinamplein stop and walk back about 300yards to the hotel which you cannot miss.A truly magnificent hotel full of friendly very helpful staff.It was a pleasure to stay at the Westcord and I will be staying there again when in Amsterdam.Simply great.

Room Tip: Based on my experiences all rooms should be great.buy tickets for attractions from hotel as they wil...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear getaboutalotwales,
“more a palace than a hotel”, what a great start of a review! Thank you for staying with us and for your compliments. I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! I will share your feedback with my entire team. I’m sure they will all be proud to read it. As a General Manager I’m very happy to have such dedicated team members. Thank you for recommending it to others and for returning in the future. That’s the biggest compliment we can get!