WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
$104
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$248
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $278/night.

$321
$211
$561
$331
Orbitz.com
4,407 results
All reviewssky barskyy bartram stopcity centregreat hotellelylaan stationswimming poolwest cordglass doorseparate toiletminute walkvending machineday passtram servicemini bartop floorpublic transport
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Beautiful facility with great customer service- Don't let the distance from the city effect your decision. The hotel is conveniently located between two tram stops and each is less than a 5 minute walk. Trams run very often even late in the evening. We purchased a three day transportation pass which was very helpful in exploring the city.
Also, as you probably know by reviewing this hotel most of their bathroom doors are clear glass. I had requested a room with a frosted glass bathroom door during reservation which unfortunately wasn't received or processed. However, they were able to move us to another room the next day.

1  Thank Ayesha S
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Ayesha S,
I’m delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations! I will share your feedback with my entire team! Your compliment about our location is very appreciated. Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future. We will make sure that we have a bathroom with frosted glass available!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My friend and I stayed two nights here for the Amsterdam Marathon. It is stylish, clean, comfortable and quiet, even on such a busy weekend when there was a great "marathon buzz" around the place. Management are very "hands-on"; and all the staff went to great efforts to welcome and look after us. Merijn Veken helped ensure we had a room suitable for resting ahead of running 42km, and for recovering after the race. It worked - we both slept well and ran personal bests! The hotel is not in the centre (a bonus for us, although it's not surrounded by bars/restaurants) but has good metro and tram links. The breakfast was very good. We ate in the bar both days and found the food good and not too expensive (about 15 euros for a main course). Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The ones to the side and back avoid being near traffic - and were particularly quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Alceste31211,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I will share your feedback with my entire team. Especially Merijn and his team will be proud to read it! I hope you enjoyed the Amsterdam Marathon! Good to read that you both sharpened your PB. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest? May I suggest the Amsterdam Marathon in 2014?

Reviewed October 21, 2013

It was just one night, but a good one. And came with a story. The night before Amsterdam marathon (which was the reason for the stay). I booked the sister hotel, Westcord Art, which is much further from the Olympic Stadium. I booked Art because Fashion was full at the time of booking :-) On arrival we got an extremely apologetic receptionist with the news of Art Hotel overbooking. They would still honour the booking, of course, but it would make their lives much easier if we accepted a room at the Fashion Hotel instead; with complementary drinks at both places, taxi transfer, and ... after all... Fashion Hotel was where all the top runners (Kenyans, Ethiopians, etc.) were staying. This was one easy decision to make. Receptionist at the Fashion place was equally apologetic about all the trouble, called us a few times in the room to check that we were OK, dealt with any minor queries we had - all in all I don't recall more attentive service anywhere. And this at the time of a huge event (marathon) that kept both hotels extremely busy.
Anyway, the room is good, bed comfortable, noise level very low. Love the design of various parts of the hotel; dinner in the restaurant was exquisite. Onion soup that beats many we tried in Lyon and Paris, followed by one of the best rabbit leg dishes ever, and a perfect sirloin steak. Once again, cannot praise the staff enough - quality of service shows that everyone at Westcord really cares about the place.
Everything is spotless, clean and pretty; pay attention to decorations everywhere, including WC doors in the restaurant.
And we did get to see some of the top runners at breakfast - the only chance to see the guys who run twice faster than me.
Location - it's easy to get too either by car or public transport, and 10-15 minutes by tram takes you into city centre. No big deal.

1  Thank vmilman

Dear vmilman,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for all the kind words! As a General Manager I’m very proud to have such dedicated team members. I will share your compliments with all of them. Our French Chef makes the best onion soup indeed! I hope you enjoyed the Amsterdam Marathon. A lot of our Marathon guests sharpened their personal best, I hope you are one of them. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We came to the Fashion Hotel back in August. We were looking for somewhere to stay on a romantic break. We stayed for 3 nights over the Gay Pride Parade Weekend. The property is a 5 minute walk to the nearest tram station or a 20 euro taxi ride late at night.
We had a lovely surprise as we were celebrating our first anniversary a little late, they made it super special. We decided to get the hot chocolate massage, however if you look to book this be warned it costs more than advertised on the site and takes a little longer.

The pool is nice, and the skyy bar is fun, however expensive.

We didnt notice any noise and fully recommend it!

Room Tip: We got our room on special offer so paid for a better room but is totally worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Carmack83,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed the Prosecco we offered for your anniversary. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future!
Kind regards,

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Very nice hotel with excellent skyy bar on 10th floor. The hotel is a bit outside of the center but still easily reachable via tram in 15 minutes. Rooms are confortable and quiet (we stayed on the 2nd floor), and the building seems to be quite new.

Room Tip: Floors near the skyy bar on the top (10th floor) could be niosy.

Dear dmysicka,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that we have met your expectations and that you rate us with 5 out of 5! I will share your feedback with my entire team! I do hope to meet you again as our guests!
Kindest regards