WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Not just the place, it's the people and attitude - pleasure to deal with” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #30 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cambridge, UK
“Not just the place, it's the people and attitude - pleasure to deal with”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

It was just one night, but a good one. And came with a story. The night before Amsterdam marathon (which was the reason for the stay). I booked the sister hotel, Westcord Art, which is much further from the Olympic Stadium. I booked Art because Fashion was full at the time of booking :-) On arrival we got an extremely apologetic receptionist with the news of Art Hotel overbooking. They would still honour the booking, of course, but it would make their lives much easier if we accepted a room at the Fashion Hotel instead; with complementary drinks at both places, taxi transfer, and ... after all... Fashion Hotel was where all the top runners (Kenyans, Ethiopians, etc.) were staying. This was one easy decision to make. Receptionist at the Fashion place was equally apologetic about all the trouble, called us a few times in the room to check that we were OK, dealt with any minor queries we had - all in all I don't recall more attentive service anywhere. And this at the time of a huge event (marathon) that kept both hotels extremely busy.
Anyway, the room is good, bed comfortable, noise level very low. Love the design of various parts of the hotel; dinner in the restaurant was exquisite. Onion soup that beats many we tried in Lyon and Paris, followed by one of the best rabbit leg dishes ever, and a perfect sirloin steak. Once again, cannot praise the staff enough - quality of service shows that everyone at Westcord really cares about the place.
Everything is spotless, clean and pretty; pay attention to decorations everywhere, including WC doors in the restaurant.
And we did get to see some of the top runners at breakfast - the only chance to see the guys who run twice faster than me.
Location - it's easy to get too either by car or public transport, and 10-15 minutes by tram takes you into city centre. No big deal.

1 Thank vmilman
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear vmilman,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for all the kind words! As a General Manager I’m very proud to have such dedicated team members. I will share your compliments with all of them. Our French Chef makes the best onion soup indeed! I hope you enjoyed the Amsterdam Marathon. A lot of our Marathon guests sharpened their personal best, I hope you are one of them. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future!
Nico Evers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We came to the Fashion Hotel back in August. We were looking for somewhere to stay on a romantic break. We stayed for 3 nights over the Gay Pride Parade Weekend. The property is a 5 minute walk to the nearest tram station or a 20 euro taxi ride late at night.
We had a lovely surprise as we were celebrating our first anniversary a little late, they made it super special. We decided to get the hot chocolate massage, however if you look to book this be warned it costs more than advertised on the site and takes a little longer.

The pool is nice, and the skyy bar is fun, however expensive.

We didnt notice any noise and fully recommend it!

Room Tip: We got our room on special offer so paid for a better room but is totally worth it!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Carmack83,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed the Prosecco we offered for your anniversary. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future!
Kind regards,
Basel, Schweiz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Very nice hotel with excellent skyy bar on 10th floor. The hotel is a bit outside of the center but still easily reachable via tram in 15 minutes. Rooms are confortable and quiet (we stayed on the 2nd floor), and the building seems to be quite new.

Room Tip: Floors near the skyy bar on the top (10th floor) could be niosy.
Dear dmysicka,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that we have met your expectations and that you rate us with 5 out of 5! I will share your feedback with my entire team! I do hope to meet you again as our guests!
Kindest regards
innerleithen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is just lovely. It's absolutely spotless, the rooms are lovely and the decor is pretty funky. The breakfast was good, with lots of choices. There is a nice little terrace next to the bar which is great for relaxing with a few beers after a busy day in Amsterdam. Our room was on the same floor as the skyy bar, but that wasn't a problem for us as we didn't hear any noise.
The staff were very helpful and attentive. The location may be a bit far out for some people, but I preferred being a bit further away from the craziness of the city centre. The centre of Amsterdam is only a short tram ride away, and the nearest tram station is only a couple of hundred yards away from the hotel.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear kezmcgo,
I‘m delighted to read that the hotel and my entire team have met your expectations! As a General Manager I’m proud to have such dedicated tem members! Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Nice pool, very comfortable rooms, a lot of space for meetings. English/continental breakfast with pancakes. Good service - mail, copy, print documents, etc. Very helpful reception 24x7. Worse internet connection in rooms (may be too many people used internet).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Alekseilvanov,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I will share your feedback with my entire team. I'm very surprised about your comment with regards to our WIFI system. I think there has been a disturbance at the provider. Normally our system works very fast. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future!
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is my third stay at this hotel and as always I enjoyed it. The rooms are nice, it has a good restaurant, friendly people and always helpful staff at the reception. I can recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Harvey D,
It's great to have you as a regular guest! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay’s so much. I thank you for posting your experiences on Tripadvisor and for recommending our hotel to others! I will share your comments with my entire team!
See you soon!
Bergamo, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Spent 4 nights in this hotel. Brand new structure, very clean and high standards. Nice spa & pool area, fast elevator, big rooms, nice service! We used tram to go to the city centre, it's 6 min of walk or so to get to the nearest stop. Then about 20-25 min to get to central station, very nice.
Oh, I should mention the room was very quiet, no screaming, no noises.

I was completely satisfied with my stay, this was my 3rd time in Dam and this was the best hotel by far.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mouchee,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that we are the best hotel so far. That’s the best compliment we can get! I look forward to your next visit!
WestCord fashion Hotel