“Exactly What You're Looking For”

WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #36 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Modern, stylish hotel on the outskirts Amsterdam - don't let the location put you off, it's so quick and easy to get into the centre of Amsterdam, you just walk to suriname plain tram stop and get on a 1 or 17 in the direction of centraal. The hotel itself had everything we needed, the room was spacious, had lovely decor, good air con and a fantastic shower. We didn't eat at the hotel during our stay but did use the pool which again is stylish and well kept but slightly on the small side and you have to pay extra for the sauna, steam room and of course any treatments. We read beforehand on trip advisor, reports of this hotel being noisy and I have to say this isn't something we experienced at all, quite the opposite! We had 3 of the best nights sleep, it was always quiet, the bed was huge and comfy and the curtains are black outs. We hugely benefitted from buying tickets for the Anne Frank house online before our visit and tickets for the van gough museum at the hotel before we went in the morning - definitely do this, you'll avoid huge queues. Overall we would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Amsterdam who wants somewhere very pleasant to stay with a great room, within easy reach of the city centre.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Dave B,
I was delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations! Thank you for choosing our hotel and for recommending it to others! I do hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!
General manager

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Out of three cities I visited during my honeymoon, Amsterdam was the city I had to spent most amount of time to go through the hotel reviews as there are so many good hotels around. I must say the the decision to stay in this hotel was absolutely right. It is situated in outskirts of Amsterdam but has good connectivity as the Surinameplein tram station is just at walking distance which can take you right into the middle of city center. I purchased the tram pass from hotel desk itself which was very handy. The staff is very helpful and gives you all the information you need. The room was pretty big as per the European standards and very classy. The clear glass door of bathroom was a surprise. The food was also very nice and full of variety.

Room Tip: Take the rooms at upper floors for good view and confirm about the bathroom door (clear or opaque) b...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear sandi002in,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your honeymoon so much and rate us with 5 out of 5! I will share them with my entire team!
I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back as our guests when your travel plans bring you back to Amsterdam!
Kindest regards

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed 3 nights here on our first trip to Amsterdam. Our room was a good size and even though the Hotel was not in the City Centre, the money we saved on the room we did not spend on public transport. The staff were very informative and easy to communicate with. The Train stop from the Airport was a 15 minute walk away and the trams into Amsterdam Centraal were frequent and very easy to use. If staying for more than 1 day, recommend buying a pass. We felt the breakfast price was expensive, however, finding a café open early in Lelyland was a problem. If we come back to Amsterdam, will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kiwigal2013

Dear Kowigal2013,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! Your compliments will be shared with my entire team! I’m very happy to read that you will return. That’s the biggest compliment we can get!
WestCord fashion Hotel

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Nice place, nice people, well located! The hotel is close to the tram bringing you in 15 minute to the centre of the city. The rooms are lovely, clean and quite big. There is also a parking which is cheaper if you book it via internet. We appreciated also the wellness center! Perfect hotel for your stay in Amsterdam!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Xavier_Nathalie

Dear xavier_nath,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and rate us with 5 out of 5! I will share them with my entire team!
Kindest regards

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have stayed here for three nights end August while visiting Amsterdam for business. The hotel is just inside the ring and walking distance to the centre ( park, maybe 10 minutes ). The facilities are great, room in spacious and has shower and bath! The sky bar is perfect for a drink and a snack. The prices are very reasonable. I highly recommend the hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Petra008,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Your compliments will be shared with my entire team! We look forward to your next visit!
WestCord fashion Hotel

Reviewed September 19, 2013

A 4 stars quality service at an affordable price. Don't look furthur, you found your hotel in Amsterdam ! Good beds, no noise, very clean rooms, bicycles rental, pool,... You just have to pay the sauna if you want to use it ((without bathing suit...) and the breakfast (19€, a little expensive).
Located in the suburb area, very close (300m) to the tram station (Surinameplein), this hotel is a must.

Room Tip: Bathroom doors are actually windows, not "doors". Good for couples, not for friends
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank QQuink
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear QQuink,
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. With regards to your room tip about the glass in the bathroom I can inform you that we have bathrooms with frosted glass available.
I look forward to welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the future!

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I loved this place! Was our wedding anniversary and got champagne and roses in our room! Room was large and modern, clean and comfortable. Very good double glazing as there is a busy main road outside. Sky Bar is worth a visit but cocktails are expensive at ?12 each. Breakfast is good quality and lots of choice. However too expensive at ?20 so we only had this on the last day. Can't help but think if they reduced it to ?12 the breakfast room wouldn't be so quiet!!

Dear anitahall45,
“Fab hotel!” What a great start of a review! Thank you for sharing your feedback and for all the kind words. I’m delighted to read that you’ve enjoyed our anniversary gifts! Thank you for choosing our hotel and I look forward to welcome you again to the WestCord Fashion Hotel!