“Feel like a rockstar!”

WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #37 of 376 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel is gorgeous! First stop, lobby is expansive and interior design is sooo cool. The ground floor bar/restaurant serves decent tapas/drinks and the barman was friendly and took the time to explain the dishes to me. Extra services like pc with internet made the difference to me since i forgot to bring my laptop with me. My room was clean, huge, and every appliance worked. The rooftop bar had a great view of the city. Forget about booking tours, you can "stay in" for the whole day and not regret it.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear frequenttravellet,
I'm very happy that you decided to write a review about your experiences in the WestCord fashion Hotel on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. As a general manager I'm proud to have such dedicated team members! Thank you for staying and I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests in the near future!
Nico Evers

Write a ReviewReviews (4,220)

Reviewed October 23, 2012

About my preference (usually I stay only in 5* or in 4* if no chose or 5* costs more then 400-500Euro per nigh per person) , but in this time all hotels were full because of Running marathon (huge event) , and I made booking just1 week before this…)

I had standard double room for 1 person.
Big Hotel, honest 4*.
Perfect for Business and for Tourist who are OK with getting to Center by tram 10-15 min, or by walk 20-30 min. Located near the wonderful park (good for runners ☺) and not far from Jordan area (District of gardens – most bouetiful and cute area to walk)

Rooms: Big enough (25-28 s.m.),
Bed is very comfortable , soft enough but not too much and very good big and soft and warm blanket. Size is big enough for one (I guess 160x200) But for 2 big person will be small for sure. Probably they have other rooms with bigger beds size
Everything in the room is well though for women at least ☺ . There are 2 mirrors and electricity near – so you can dry hair with your own hairdryer just seating opposite mirror, you don’t need stay in the wet bathroom. 2 comfortable armchair and small glass table – so you can have a romantic dinner even in the room.
Carpet is in all room – so floor isn’t cold you can be without slippers
Window has good soundproofed. If you don’t need opened the window (in October I didn’t need it ☺) you don’t hear anything from outside. Room is also with good soundproof; during 6 days I didn’t hear anything from my neighborhood (hotel was completely full during my staying).
Air conditioner is personalized (heating and cooling)
Cleaning – was good. All stuff was changed everyday
Room equipped with teapot, with tea/coffee/sugar & ironing board .

Bathroom & Toilet:
toilet – separated from Bath& Shower and far from sleeping area – which is really good ☺. Bath & Shower are in the same Bathroom but also it is separated from each other - which is also good as someone likes just Shower, someone likes bath . IMPORTANT TO KNOW – door is glassy m absolutely transparent, so person from room lying on the bed can see how someone takes the shower. It is good and even funny for romantic couple, but not for every one. I was alone and it was OK for me. In the bath: shower gel, soap, shower cap, body milk & no ear sticks, cotton pads.
Bathrobe and slippers you can order for add price together with water and fruits – special package

Breakfast – quite good: 3 kind of cheese, 3-4 cold meat cuts, sausages (good), omlet (not really well good), eggs, fried beens, becon, tomato and potato cutlets. Fresh vegetables and fruits (pineapple, watermelon, kiwi, melon) and fruits salads, muesli 3 types (ordinary: Corn, Nestle sporty..) , yogurts and greek cheese, Croisant (very good), lots of different bred (very good who love it)/ Coffe quite OK (I love cappuccino), not so good as in Italian , but possible to drink and even enjoy ☺

Staff was very helpful and polite! No any claims
WF was free and fast enough , even OK for working

Sky bar is really good for drinking glass of wine ☺ with good snacks.

Spa : I used swimming pool (13m) – good for relaxing, but not for sportive purpose ( temperature of water and outside is very warm – not enough air to breath if you swim fast). Spa services quite OK, I had massages and peelings. Not perfect but OK, and depends on person who does it. Ask more experienced and strong ones ☺
But it is really great to have this in the hotel. After long walking day it is great to have such relaxing evening!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank titunina

Dear titunina,
Thank you very much for your kind and enthusiastic words in your extensive review! It was a delight to read you enjoyed your stay so much! I will share your comments with our team, who I am sure will read them with pride!
It has been a pleasure welcoming you to our hotel, and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back next time (Amsterdam Marathon 2013?)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Nice hotel for city trip. Clean, new rooms with good big twin bed.
Welness/ swimmingpool has not a easy access for hotel guests. (extra payment and behind closed doors) Breakfast is expensive.
Park your car at the nearby P&R at the Fashion Center and you pay 8 euro a day including one hour travel tickets on arrival and departure time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear hermanvanh,
I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words, and also for pointing out in which areas we could make improvements! Your comments are therefore highly appreciated and of great value!
It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Incredible stay at this hotel, it really made our holiday. Gorgeous modern rooms, funky lighting and full of character, I especially loved the power shower and glass door on the bathroom! Room service was great, amazing cocktails and tapas in the Skyy Bar (An espresso Martini to die for!) and nice swimming pool faciliities, although the sauna should be included for free (Its a 10 euro supplement).

Only two stops on the tram from Lelylaan station, the hotel is only 5 minutes walk away. Trams 1 or 17 go into the city, they are very frequent with direct access to Centraal Station, Anne Frank House etc. Do not let the fact that this hotel is not in central Amsterdam put you off. A four day tram pass cost only 20 euros, save money on the expensive hotels and stay here!!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, we had a wonderful break away and staff should be applauded on the their fantastic service. Thankyou!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear butterflybarbie,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! I will pass your compliments to my entire team! Thank you for staying with us and for recommending it to others! I do hope top get the chance to welcome you again as our guests!
WestCord fashion Hotel

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Easy trip from airport. Take train to lelylaan and walk towards bus station. Walk in direction of big tall buildings. Turn left at second intersection. About 10 min walk. Tram lines pass the hotel and the nearest station is 5 minute walk away. Great hotel and service. There is an upgrade fee of 35 euro and for this you will receive two free cocktails in the sky at and bath robes and slippers. You will also receive some fruit and water every day. The fee is per stay.
The service and the hotel rooms are great . Very good value for money hotel.
Great views at night form the sky bar.

Room Tip: Great hotel. Good service. 25 min tram ride into Amsterdam central station. Great value hotel but yo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear ravinaidoo,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Your comments about our "Spoil me" upgrade package, the cocktails in our Skyybar, rooms and staff are highly appreciated! I will share them with my entire team!
I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back as our guests when your travel plans bring you back to Amsterdam!
Kindest regards

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was nice, 10 min walk to tram stop. Rooms where pretty clean. Good size rooms. Shower was warm and clean. No biscuits in the room but overall room was ok. The bed was big but because it was made up of two single beds the middle section was solid so didn't get a comfortable nights sleep.

Breakfast was great, lots of variety.

Service was polite and good.

Swimming pool was free and clean. Sauna was charged at 10 euros.

Dinner was price but worth every penny.

Overall a good hotel, just not a 4 star.

• Stayed: October 2012
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Shauns_Holidays,

Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I've just returned from a weekend at this hotel with my twin sister celebrating our 40th birthday. I got an incredible price on last minute & feel I definitely got more than my moneys worth. I was unexpectedly alone for the 1st night; staff were most sympathetic & very helpful. At their suggestion I found a number of good restaurants by vondelpark, a short walk away.
Once my sister arrived we explored more of the city centre. This location is very convenient for the tram (1 or 17) into the city, only 5 minutes walk using the underpass & they are very frequent.
We had hoped to use the pool & spa but extra cost for sauna/steam put us off.
Our room was lovely, we particularly loved the bathroom with enormous bath & powerful shower. We didn't eat at the hotel so cannot comment on food. We found a lovely birthday card left in our room & a voucher for complimentary birthday cocktails in the skyybar! A fabulous & thoughtful surprise to enjoy in the attractive surroundings.
I would recommend this hotel for leisure or business guests simply because we were made to feel so welcome & special! Thank you all!!

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Alexis 108,
Thank you very much for your kind and enthusiastic words in your review! It was a delight to read you enjoyed your stay so much! I will share your comments with our team, who I am sure will read them with pride!
It has been a pleasure welcoming you to our hotel, and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back next time!
Kindest regards