All reviewsshared bathroombreakfast vouchersfresh fruitevery morningtrain stationclean bathroomperfect locationsteep stairsquiet streetbeautiful roomgreat showermain attractionscamillaluggage
Reviewed September 24, 2009

I only got to stay here for one night, but I honestly wished I could have stayed longer. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated, the bathroom was great, and Camillo was the nicest man I've ever met! We had to leave early in the morning, but he went ahead and made us breakfast an hour earlier than the scheduled time so we could eat before we left. And let me tell you, the breakfast was incredible! It's insanely close to the train station and everything else in Amsterdam is within a 30 minute walk, so the location really can't be beat. Neither can the price. A double room was only 105 euros, which is a veritable steal for everything you're getting! I know that if I'm ever going to Amsterdam again, this is where I'll be staying!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank HappyFace87
Reviewed September 4, 2009

My wife and I, as well as her cousins, spent two wonderful nights at this bed and breakfast. It is centrally located in Amsterdam and only a 5-10 minute walk from the train station. Although just off a main street the actual bed and breakfast is located in a small quite side street. I was a little concerned by the appearance of the narrow steep staircase when we first entered and wasn’t sure what to expect. However don’t judge a book by its cover, this place turned out to be fantastic!

We were warmly greeted by Camillo who was a fantastic host our entire stay. Although we were early he allowed us to drop our bags and immediately provided us with maps and directions. Later on that evening Camillo spent some time with us picking out a restaurant last minute and even made reservations for us. When we arrived at the restaurant we had a fantastic meal and even a complementary bottle of wine thanks to Camillo and the restaurant.

The location has two rooms and a shared bathroom which make up the top floor. This worked great for us being two couples. We had the entire upstairs to ourselves. The rooms were extremely clean and well decorated. The beds were comfortable and always had clean sheets. This is one of the first places I have stayed where I actually used the duvet because they had clean fresh duvet covers! I have stayed in $900/night hotels and not even received a fresh clean duvet. We had a wonderful quite night of sleep with the windows open (aside from an occasional distant sound of the tram) . In the morning we were greeted with an in room breakfast. This was actually one of the best breakfasts I have ever had, there were two of us and although we tried there was no way we could finish everything. I can’t remember everything they had but just to give you an idea, coffee, tea, (and hot milk to put in it), toast, fresh croissants, a good assortment of jams and jellies, yogurt, assortment of meets, soft boiled eggs, granola, and more... what a fantastic way to start the day!
The only downside to this B&B is the two rooms share a very clean bathroom (with a steam shower...yes!!!), as we occupied both rooms this wasn't a big deal.

Bottom Line
This is not a bed and breakfast that I would spend all day loitering around in, but then again, you are in Amsterdam so why would you! The price is right, the staff is extremely friendly, the breakfast is fantastic, the bedrooms and bathroom are extremely clean, and the location is perfect. If you can live with sharing a bathroom. I doubt there is any other bed and breakfast in Amsterdam that could offer a better accommodation than Camillo and Joost. We will never stay anywhere else but the city center bed and breakfast in Amsterdam for future visits.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We had a great stay at the City Center Bed and Breakfast. The rooms are very short walk from the main train station and the owners are really friendly. We were especially impressed by the cleanliness of the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Although we only stayed for one night, Camillo really made us feel welcome and was a very attentive, but not intrusive, host. The room was very clean and attractive, with a very comfortable bed, and the breakfast was beautifully presented. As other reviews have said, the location is perfect, especially as we were leaving from Centraal Station the next morning, and it's very close to tram stops. Many thanks for a great stay Camillo & Joost!

Reviewed August 21, 2009

This B&B was in a great location, about a five minute walk from the train station and main square. The room was very clean and colourful, complete with flowers and various travel books that we found particularly helpful for our trip. Camillo was an excellent host providing information about the city and always delivering a delicious breakfast (complete with coffee, oj, fresh meat and breakfast rolls, nutella, and jam). Camillo even went out of his way to mail us a belonging we left in the room after our stay. Can't say enough good things about our stay. Would highly recommend this B&B.