All reviewsshared bathroombreakfast vouchersfresh fruitevery morningtrain stationclean bathroomperfect locationsteep stairsquiet streetbeautiful roomgreat showermain attractionscamillaluggage
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I usually stay with friends when I visit Amsterdam but because they were out of town this time I had to look for an alternative that was affordable, conveniently located and had nice amenities. I'm glad I found Camillo & Joost's place, there is nothing better: a 5 minute walk from Central Station; a safe, perfect location; spacious, quiet rooms; a large shared bathroom; friendly hosts, a beautiful, ample breakfast served in the room and free Wi-Fi... you could not ask for anything more! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank EurovisionGS
Reviewed April 28, 2009

My wife and I were searching for a B&B for a 3 day stay and the City Center web site was easy to register and confirm our rooms. The location was perfect - easy walking from the train station, and in 3 days we did not need to take a tram - even the Rijksmuseum was a pleasant walk thru the pedestrian zone and flower market. Camillo was the perfect host, always concerned that we were comfortable and offering suggestions for our tours of Amsterdam. The room was immaculate and quiet at night. The breakfasts were more than my wife and I could eat each morning and Camillo was very conscientious to bring breakfast at the time we asked.
After a day walking in Keukenhof or sightseeing in Vollendam, the steam shower was perfect for relieving 50 year-old aches and pains. The high speed wireless worked flawlessly and allowed us to search local restaurants and hours for local attractions.
As Camillo mentioned, the B&B has been open only since February, so is a hidden gem in the Trip Advisor rankings. We only saw 3 reviews - all positive when we booked but can confirm all previous ratings of those who stayed with Camillo and Joost.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2009

First of all Camillo and Joost are so friendly. The B&B (THE PLACE) is located perfectly in the city centre in a hide street (NO noise during the night) and close to all the main attraction of the city (most of the time you do not need any buses, trains... ).
The room is fantastic. Beautiful and well cleaned. The bathroom is out of the room and it is shared only with another room (maximum 2 persons) and it is fantastically clean as well. The breakfast is good and nicely served in our room.
Those are the reasons why Camillo & Joost is not a A PLACE where to stay...it is THE PLACE. Thanks a lot.

Antonio & Adriana

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2009

A bit hidden in Amsterdam center streets, it's a perfect place to spend a few night. Really close to Amsterdam main touristic spots, I had no trouble walking all around.

Camillo and Joost are very nice and are carefull in all details.

I had a great stay.
Recomend it.

Fabiano Silva - Brazil

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2009

We had very good time in Amsterdam becouse of choosing City Center Bad and Breakfast. Perfect location, very nice room, clean and pleasent. Big breakfast served to the room. Very kind and helpfull owners. We hope to visit this place again.

Mike and Chris