“Perfectly cozy base while exploring Amsterdam” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CityCenter Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam

We can't find prices for this accommodation
CityCenter Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam
You added CityCenter Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam to your Saves list
Ranked #7 of 330 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Saratoga, New York
“Perfectly cozy base while exploring Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Just like all the other reviews, I, too, had a wonderful time staying at CityCenter B&B. I arrived early in the morning and Camillo let me drop off my bag before the normal check in time. He even carried it up those tiny stairs for me. Then he sat me down with a map and gave me helpful information to explore Amsterdam. After giving me a restaurant recommendation, Camillo went outside (in the cold weather) to point me in the correct direction before I went off. I really appreciated that.

The B&B itself was lovely--a cozy retreat in the chilly city. The location was ideal and an easy jumping off point to explore. I actually ended up walking to most of the major locations right from the B&B. The city is actually great for walking, even though the tram system is there too. Each time I came back to the B&B, I felt like I was going back to my own apartment. That is how cozy the place is. On top of that it was clean and well cared for. The room had little details like bathrobes, DVD's, books, teas/coffees, chocolates, etc. Like all the other reviews, the breakfast that Camillo makes is just perfect! The presentation and taste made my mornings wonderful.

CityCenter B&B met all of my expectations. I avoid standard hotels and like to stay in places that have a personal touch. I feel like I am getting more of a local experience, rather than a tourist experience that way. Plus, being a solo travel, it is comforting to have those personal touches. CityCenter B&B was the perfect place for me--I fully recommend it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelGirlKate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Haifa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Almost everything written in other reviews is true.
The place is very central yet very quiet.
The rooms (we had leased the two of them) were very nice and with everything one needs. Also the bathroom, spacious with everything you need.
All very clean and well maintained. (the stairs a bit noisy - an old typical Amsterdam building).
The owner, Camillo, very nice and attentive. He helped us with our 4 suitcases when we arrived and left. He sat down with us to tell us about places of interest in Amsterdam. We thought we had lost a key and without any problem he went and made a copy (no charge ... something unusual in hotels/B&Bs).
And last: Breakfast. You can not expect anything better. The quantity, quality and variety are unusual, and in the presentation you can feel the touch of Camillo.
One important thing: I think that if the people of the two room do not know each other, it would be a little difficult the issue of a common bathroom.
In any case, I would give Camillo's B&B a note: 110%

Room Tip: The double room is a bit bigger than the twin room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Gulfport, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I throughly enjoyed my 4 night stay at this charming little B&B. Easy to locate, 8 minute walk from Central Station. Joost and Camillo made my son and I feel like long, lost family members. We experienced 5 star service in a spotless, comfortable room on the top floor of a cool, old Amsterdam dwelling. The location turned out unexpectedly perfect, offering great pubs, restaurants and the best coffee shops in Amsterdam. Easy walk from 21 Sint Jacosstraat to the Anne Frank House (you'll love the Jordan district). Camillo directed us to the best places in the City, along with advice on how to use the local transport systems. Be sure to take a tour of Amsterdam with Mike's Bikes. It's a fun, easy great way to experience the city.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Beth S
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

City Center B&B is easy to find from Central Station & is perfectly located to explore Amsterdam. Camillo was very friendly providing a map & pointing out key highlights plus some tips to see the less touristy side of the city. The rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable. Breakfast is excellent & it's lovely having it served in your room. The rooms and bathroom were very, very clean. I highly recommend it - a real find!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Nottingam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have just spent 3 very comfortable nights here. The breakfasts were excellent and set us up for the day's sight seeing. There were 4 of us so the 2 rooms with the shared well equipped bathroom was perfect. The situ is good for bars, restaurants and trams and railway station. A very good find! Camillo was most welcoming.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This b&b was by far the nicest and best place I have ever had the pleasure to stay!
The rooms were gorgeous and spacious, and Camillo was so friendly and helpful!
It is just around the corner from the Betty boop & grasshopper 2, coffee shops, which are both fantastic, and is just down the road from dam square. Truly fantastic visit!
The breakfasts were to die for aswell!

• Stayed September 2013
Gravesend
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Deserves all the feedback it gets. The location, near to the station and adjacent to tram lines, makes the whole of Amsterdam accessible and you can walk quite easily to Dam Square and there are many other places to explore on foot in all directions. Camillo, the room and breakfast all merit their accolades and all the great reviews were reflected in our experience.
We particularly appreciated the time Camillo took to brief us on places to visit and the best way of getting about together with a map on which he located sites of special interest to us. He also happily provided an early breakfast for us on the morning of our departure.
The stairs are quite steep, typical of a small Dutch house so would perhaps be a little difficult for those who are less moblle but the room is definitely worth the climb.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple