“The extra mile...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CityCenter Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam

We can't find prices for this accommodation
CityCenter Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam
You added CityCenter Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam to your Saves list
Ranked #8 of 331 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“The extra mile...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

If there was a way to rate CityCenter B&B any higher than 5 stars, we would do it. 5 stars can be a bit overused - but Camillo (and Joost, whom we sadly didn't get to meet) earned every one.

First, a bit about the house itself: the location is perfect for anyone visiting Amsterdam that is looking for easy access to all the main areas (it's pretty much 10 minutes or less from anything you'd want to do). It was our first time to Amsterdam, and we only had two nights, so the location helped us make the most of it. It's a short walk from the train station (5 minutes), making it easy to get to with luggage. The tram lines that stop just outside can get you to the museums and Blue Boat docks in minutes directly, or just about anywhere else you want to go. It's a short walk from the Jordaan and Anne Frank House (took us about 10 minutes). It's also a short walk to the touristy areas and the red light district (about 5-10 minutes) or down to the flower market (10 minutes).

The room was cute and comfortable. We had a nice queen size bed, a breakfast nook, closet, Wi-fi, DVDs, and a TV, though we were out and about mostly and weren't there much. The shared bathroom was no problem. With only one other room, we never even saw the other couple staying there. Breakfast was outstanding - a tower of goodies and delights to start our day, arranged with care.

But really, all of this is just incidental to the welcome from Camillo. He makes the place feel like your home, and goes the extra mile to make your stay special (even little things, like including a discount club card for the local grocery store on your key chain and cluing you into where you can get the best deals). We stayed there for our first wedding anniversary, and he surprised us with treats and bottle of champagne in our room. Even more, I had been planning to play a song for my wife, and Camillo searched until he found a guitar (I don't know how or where) for me to use. We conspired so that he had it in our room on our anniversary, much to my wife's surprise. He is the ultimate host.

We would highly recommend CityCenter B&B to anyone, and will definitely stay there there again.

• 5 of 5 stars
CityCenterAmsterdam, Owner at CityCenter Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thanks for sharing your stay at CityCenter Bed and Breakfast and for posting a beautiful review. As I'm romantic man too it was a pleasure for me to help you to organize as better i can your anniversary. I hope to host you again and I wish you all the best.

Camillo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Amsterdam can be quite a hostile city and so, coming to this B&B was just perfect. The location is perfect, walking distance to the central station and to some of the major trams, as well as the main shopping street and some tourist attractions. On the day we arrived, Camillo took our bags and sat us down on his sofa and explained everything there is to know about Amsterdam, we got a map from him where he pointed out all the things you shouldn't miss out. And then, up the stairs to the most gorgeous room I've ever seen! A huge bed, fresh roses, bathrobes, chocolates, tea, coffe, all in all, the room is really cozy. The sleep quality was top, even though being in the heart of Amsterdam, the street is quiet. But the best came in every morning in the form of the most amazing breakfast there is. Camillo is an amazing host, really pampering his guests, keeping everything clean and lovely and providing the best service you could ever ask for.
This really felt like home away from home!

• 5 of 5 stars
CityCenterAmsterdam, Owner at CityCenter Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thanks for your wonderful review. I'm very happy to be a part of your beautiful experience in Amsterdam I'm glad to read how many details you wrote for describe your experience at CityCenter Bed and Breakfast. I hope to host you again in the future and i wish you all the best!

Camillo
Green Valley, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed here with another couple for three nights while in Amsterdam. What a treat! The rooms were well appointed and very clean. Fresh roses in the room was a very elegant touch. Loved the terry cloth robes in each room. Fresh colorful towels and a candy treat on the bed each day. The bathroom worked out well especially since the couple in the other room were friends, but I think would still work well with unknown guests. It had double sinks, and a great shower. Camillo was the perfect host. His recommendations were spot on and added to our experience by giving us a local perspective, since not many tourists frequented the establishments. The breakfast was a beautiful presentation of everything we could have wanted. And the finishing touch was a wonderful breakfast to go since we had a flight way before breakfast was served. Can't say enough good about it.

• 5 of 5 stars
CityCenterAmsterdam, Owner at CityCenter Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear guests thanks a lot for sharing your beautiful experience in Amsterdam and at CityCenter Bed and Breakfast. I'm glad to be part of of it. I try all the time to give the best for my guest. I wish you all the best and I hope to host you again next time. Regards. Camillo
Pointe Claire, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Camillo is an awesome host! The breakfast was served direct to our breakfast nook in our room, and was absolutely wonderful. The room was great. It's perfect if you're two couples who are comfortable sharing one really big bathroom, and rent out both rooms at once. Fresh towels every day, and great recommendations. My husband and I loved it.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My boyfriend and i stayed there for 3 nights and it was absolutely great!

the room is big and comfortable, the bed is really big! and the bathroom is clean and nice.
in the morning you get a beautiful and tasty breakfast!!!

Camillo is really helpful and nice :)

if you're looking for a place in amsterdam center, near cool places and neighborhood this is the place!! by foot you can go to dam square, and by bike you can get anywhere! it's in a best location!

• 5 of 5 stars
CityCenterAmsterdam, Owner at CityCenter Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
I'm very glad to read that you had a great holiday here in Amsterdam and at CityCenter Bed and Breakfast. Thanks. Camillo
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Four of us (2 couples) stayed 3 nights in this lovely B&B right in the heart of downtown. Right from the start Camillo was welcoming and helpful. The long, winding, narrow stairs typical of Amsterdam were a challenge for us seniors but Camillo came to the rescue and hauled all of our suitcases up the steep stairwell. Our two identical rooms were connected by a single bathroom which we shared with our friends, establishing the knock and lock policy right at the beginning! Camillo provided lots of great recommendations for places to eat, sites to see and pubs to grab a beer or two or three! He gladly made us reservations when we asked for assistance. We had fresh clean towels daily along with fresh roses in the rooms. He provided a delicious breakfast delivered to our rooms each morning at our requested time. We had breads and cheeses and assorted meats and granola and juice and coffee and fresh fruit. We set out each day quite full and happy! Without even asking, Camillo even packed us up a breakfast to take on the morning we left at 6:30am for the airport. We checked in for our flights and then sat and consumed the wonderful sandwiches and juice, fruit and yogurt and he packed for each of us. This was truly a great find in our search for a place to stay in Amsterdam. Centrally located it was an easy walk from the train station. Camillo was very hospitable, gracious, helpful and made our stay very memorable. We highly recommend this lovely B&B tucked away in the heart of the city.

Room Tip: Since you will share a single bathroom it works best if you are traveling with family or close frien...