All reviewsshared bathroombreakfast vouchersfresh fruitevery morningtrain stationclean bathroomperfect locationsteep stairsquiet streetbeautiful roomgreat showermain attractionscamillaluggage
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was in Amsterdam for business. I spent just one night there but everything was ok. Camillo has been very kind, everything was fine. We agreed for the time of my arrival and time I needed the breakfast. I choose this b&b for it's location. It's very close to the railway station. Breakfast was good and very rich. As from the website says, I share the bathroom with the other rooms but it wasn't a problem.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thanks for the nice review!

Camillo

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here a few weeks ago to wrap up a European vacation. We picked the Bed and Breakfast as a little splurge and guarantee of a great night's sleep before we had to head home based on the reviews, and we were not disappointed.

We dropped off our luggage early, and came back to the cosiest, prettiest little room. Tastefully decorated with lots of cute little touches. The bed is very comfy, the room and bathroom were impeccably clean, and Camillo was very nice! The breakfast in the morning was so yummy, and again, had all the nice little details. (AMAZING croissants!)

The location is perfect - just off the main road heading to the train station. The sign is very subtle on the door, and the numbering is different than in America - the building is the second or third on the right as you're coming onto Sint Jacobsstraat from Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jenny K
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Let me say this was the best service ever received! It all started a few days prior when Camillo called me to let me know about the weather (due to snow and slow traffic, since we were driving from a near by country) and up until the day and minute of our arrival. Since the weather was bad and there had been snow traffic was slow and we arrived hours after our expected time but Camillo was there to great us. He spoke to me on the phone and directed me to the parking and even came outside in the freezing cold to meet us because we had gotten lost trying to find the B&B (not to mention it was late). After arriving he even took the time to show us a map and explain a few things. I could not aks for more of a gentleman. Best service ever!

The house was very charming and I felt at home. Everything was clean and the shower was wonderful. Price was spot on and location, location, location, LOCATION could not get any better.

This is a must stay place if yo uare in Amsterdam.

Thank you Camillo for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steven P
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Great little B&B with a very special breakfast, almost a performance. Camillo was helpful in orienting ourselves to the city. Close to the train station but very quiet at night. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DavidStafford60
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We spent two nights here in mid-April. We had read about this little B&B on trip advisor and it totally lived up to expectations. It really is only five minutes’ walk to the train station and that is such a bonus. Camillo greeted us warmly when we arrived and spent some time explaining the city map and giving us hints about where to go and how to get there. The room was warm, clean and bright and had tea and coffee making facilities and yummy little cookies, great to warm up after a day of walking in the cooler climate. The breakfast of fruit, yoghurt, croissants, crispbreads, jams, cheese and meats along with a pot of fresh coffee was amazing and delivered to your room at the exact time you requested the night before. It is so central to everything and there are plenty of cafes, restaurants and shops nearby. We walked everywhere in Amsterdam and it was so lovely to come “home” to our cosy room. The room is up a narrow set of stairs but Camillo had our suitcases up there in a flash when we arrived and was there to help out again when we checked out. We loved our stay in this little B&B and will definitely be staying there again on our next visit to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple