“Best Hotel Experience Ever”
Review of citizenM Amsterdam

citizenM Amsterdam
Ranked #44 of 374 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed September 26, 2010

This is possibly the best Hotel experience I've ever had in my life. Very little I've found so cole to my needs. I am a person that travels abroad every week and of very practical needs.

I don't care about unnecessary and overpriced facilities in a hotel.

I got all I wanted:

- Fast and Fun self check in with computers at the entrance as well as burn your own hotel card
- Special on Foursqure with a drink on the house
- Wifi, Macs, plugs, Flat TVs eveywhere and actual tables where you can work on in the lobby
- Themed lights in the room plus amazing choice of free movies
- amazing and relaxing shower
- possibly one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on.
- one of the best coffees I've had in a hotel. Plus great 24/7 food avaiability

Things I would improve:
- my spouse tells me some level of room service would be nice
- Air con needs some tweaking. It can be cold at night
- Some sauna/gym would be great - just saying

Communication, design and personality of the hotel are among the most entertaining. Better than HardRock Hotel or Disneyland Resorts when you are a kid.

If you care for being in the centre of the city (pretty much useless in a city where you can be everywhere in 15 mins), better navigate in other hotels.

My top spot for business/leisure travel in Europe and best value for money alternative

Reviewed September 22, 2010

Stayed here recently whilst at a conference at the RAI. Great location for RAI, nice room but would be small for two people. Very clean, great big comfortable bed, and very quiet, slept very soundly. The shower is good, and quite cool being in the middle of the room. Great selection of TV/movies on demand if you have any spare time. Easy tram ride into the city centre, but keep you out of the hussel and bustle of the touristy areas unless you want to be there.
A few problems, needed more hangers for clothes and room was too cold even at max temp. High tech touch pad could be a little temperamental and no way to over ride it if not working, so had a shower in darkness one morning. But overall would recommend this as a very good hotel and good value.

Reviewed September 22, 2010

We stayed in 7 beds in 2 weeks, and this was by far the best! Possibly even better than ours at home. It was perfect for us. Very cool hotel! We do wish it was a tad bit closer to the the city central, but enjoyed seeing the outside of the city to see get a better feel of Amsterdam.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Very nice design hotel just next to airport. Clean well decorated and funny rooms and friendly staff. Breakfast is served in a paper bag and it cost 9 euros. It's a suprise bag with a bottle of juice, one apple, baguette and some yoghurt. Nice lobby bar where you can buy some food and drinks, free internet.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Everything was great, fabulous - room, services, staff - except for the ventilation / temperature in the room - it was for the first time when I caught a cold during holidays…and not outside, but in the hotel room!
We stayed one night in 347 and then moved for the other 2 nights to 345, but I was already sick, so I couldn't tell if there was a difference.. :(
We finally covered (taped) the ventilation for about 98% of it, it was really windy.
And a maximum of 23 degrees in the room is really not acceptable, I'm sorry to say this. I want a hotel where I feel comfortable and I can arrange whatever temperature suits me: if I want 27, so be it..

Other small comments, that didn’t really bothered us, but maybe they worth mentioning:
- the remote: a bit complicated for the TV – we appreciated a lot the selection of on demand movies and watched quite a few, but working with the remote was not really as smooth and user friendly as we expected..
- the breakfast: they should mention on the website (if it’s not already there and I didn’t see it..) what does the pre-paid breakfast consists of, some people may expect more for the money.. I don’t eat much and it was ok for me, but my boyfriend wasn’t really happy.. :D

Over all, it was a really pleasant experience, I love the concept and everything that derives from it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AndreeaD77
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Good value rooms with everything controlled by computer, and all in a stylish post-modern environment. Minor compaints about the in-room software (can't keep the clock on when the TV is off), and could do with a few more coat hooks, but would definitely stay again. Enjoyable!

Reviewed September 17, 2010

I loved the experience; just because it was cool to have been to a hotel that had a shower in a plexiglass cylinder in the middle of the bedroom. Oh the toilet too was right in the middle fo the bedroom; in a different cylinder! Don't expect privacy if you are travelling with a friend.

It's just good for a "cool" and "geeky" university applicant (but then it is a little expensive); not an old professor's venue :)

I recommend it to people < 30-years of age; who want to try a hi-tech pricy hostel!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple