You walk into this room and laugh a little. There are two Star Trek-like columns, round areas with glass doors that slide open and closed. One is the toilet, the other the shower. That takes up the first half of the room. The second half is too small side tables and a big bed with drawers. As is often the case in these spiffy hotels:
* There is no place to rest your luggage
* There is little space to place your toiletries (though there is a narrow rack next to the sink)
* There is no closet
* There are few hangers
There _is_ a large drawer under the bed, but you still have no convenient place to leave your suitcase, and you still feel too tightly enclosed when you sit on the toilet. At least those doors are frosted; you'll be giving a show if you share the room and shower, though since the bed is a huge mattress at the back, you'll be sharing it with an intimate in any event.
The croissant with breakfast was terrible and the yogurt was commercial, not the delicious yogurt with granola and fruit I had at another Dutch hotel earlier, so I would certainly not eat here.
I really found I liked the neighborhood just a little closer to downtown from this place, so I didn't find the tram ride a disadvantage, in fact I was glad to have the chance to see the nicely designed apartment buildings and pleasant residential district to counteract the sense of cramped craziness that Amsterdam has that often feels excessive. You see parts of the city that are not only interesting, but possible to consider contemporary and livable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Amsterdam on Prinses Irenestraat just ten minutes from city center, citizenM Amsterdam boasts 215 luxuriously appointed rooms at an affordable rate. A perfect spot for a cultural excursion or quick business trip, enjoy free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel, 24/7 on-site dining and cocktailing at canteenM, contemporary living rooms decked out in iconic Vitra furniture and a prolific MENDO library collection. Be sure to try out the hi-tech MoodPad tablet to control your room amenities like mood lighting and temperature, power rain shower, or sprawl out on the XL king-size bed with upscale Italian linens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your citizenM Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Amsterdam City Hotel Amsterdam
- Citizenm Hotel Amsterdam