“Winderful staff”

Ranked #39 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
Quito, Ecuador
“Winderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I got here by mistake. I should have gone to the same property in Schipol. Therefore after a 12 hours flight I was at this hotel without a reservation. The manager on duty Iwona solved my problem on the spot. She was able to change my reservation and to give me a room. Fantastic service! The hotel itself is nice and clean. I will be back at citizenM anytime I will be in Amsterdam.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ecuatraveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed for a weekend only but I have never been impressed so much in my life as I didn't expect too much. However, since I entered the hotel I was taken a great care of. Although guests use a self check in kiosk there is always someone to greet you in the most friendly way. Check in and check out is quick and simple - no queuing, no dramas (you can pay extra for late check out or book breakfast or even choose a room with garden view/city view without contacting any of the staff).

For me the location of the hotel was amazing - just one stop away from the schiphol airport by train (4 mins walk from Zuid train station) and only 15-20 EUR to the heart of the city of Amsterdam by taxi.

The hotel itself is very stylish and clean. Place to eat, chill, watch tv, have a drink, use macs, free wifi all over, etc. Feels like home! Rooms are nice and clean with all the facilities as advertised. Modern technology (remote for blinds/tv/lights/air conditioning) and free movies on demand. The bed is so comfortable that you wish you could stay in all day. Shower is amazing - good stream of water, constant temperature and mood lighting. There is no iron in your room but here it is no drama - just speak to the staff and they will guide you to the iron room which is located on the ground floor.

A) you have everything you need here
B) good location
C) there is an incredible atmosphere that I cannot describe

I would like to say a BIG thank you to all the staff, especially Roberto and Adriano who delivered an amazing customer service and made me feel very welcome. All employees seem to work like a big family and the atmosphere impacts on customers as well so I felt I was taken care of in professional and also friendly way (well done management as well!).

I will definitely come back again, well done guys, beautiful hotel, keep it going!

Room Tip: Garden view or city view rooms offered upon arrival.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karel N
edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Used the citizenM for a 1 night stopover on a long haul to South America. Easy walk from arrivals. Check-in easy, lounge area fantastic, and the room was awesome. Staff very helpful. An almost Japanese pod-like feel to the room, but just the ticket for a stopover. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

I normally don't stay at airport hotels but on this trip, I had an early flight out and booked my last night in Europe at CitizenM at Schipol Airport. It is an easy walk from the airport, even with luggage.The decor is ultra mod with the ground floor devoted to a comfortable and hip lounge. Upon arrival, you check yourself in at a kiosk and activate the room key. The rooms are compact, but comfortable, with a generous and comfortable bed and space-aged shower and toilet. Room electronics (lights, music, tv, shades, etc.) are controlled by a remote (the only difficultly I had was figuring this out). Staff are friendly and there is a modest but delicious assortment of take-away and dine in foods. Free drink on arrival!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I just got back from our 3 night stay in Amsterdam for my birthday, and I must say this spectacular hotel and it's lovely, helpful staff really made the holiday what it was. At the check in we were greeted by a very helpful member of staff, while you can check in electronically we wished to pay separately and he helped us do so. The rooms are truly unique, very small in some ways and you should really be comfortable with your room partner due to the toilet being so closer to, well everything. Free films on demand, 2 free cocktails if you book via their website, we were given a free pain o chocolate as well by a lovely member of staff! Huge bed, no issues with the remote once we got the hang of it and it was great to control everything from the bed. Some nice restaurants around the area, and only a 10/15 minute tram ride into the centre! Also they have free bikes for hire, and it's super easy to get to from the airport. Cannot sing its praises enough, gogogo!

Room Tip: The garden view rooms definitely give you the best morning view!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

My partner surprised me for my birthday with a fantastic weekend trip to Amsterdam. Having found CitizenM through Tripadvisor in the first place, we simply had to write a review to say thank you!

Very easy to find from Zuid station, (which was only an 8 minute journey from Schipol). We got there in less than 5 minutes. There is a tram stop just round the corner. Catch the number 5 and it takes you straight into Centraal, or you can stop in Leidseplein which is a great are to grab a beer and get your bearings.

The hotel itself I would say is a concept hotel. Your greeted by an Ambassador and encouraged to check in yourself via the computers at the entrance. There are funky chairs and a bar/deli area open 24/7, we were happily munching on croissants and Ben and Jerry's at 2am one morning.
The room is small but more than enough for a weekend break. The shower and toilet are in the middle of the room. The toilet has a frosted glass door for privacy but noises can be heard! The bed was huge and really comfortable. There's a storage drawer underneath to put your stuff away. The room also comes with a smart remote where everything is controlled including the blinds. You can also change the colour of your room via discreetly placed lights to suit your mood (including a romantic setting!) The shower was lovely, a big waterfall type one with a little handheld one on the side. Complimentary showergel is provided and it was really nice.
Our room was cleaned every day and was spotless. The cleaners are lovely and are very thorough.

One thing that made us giggle was the picture of an apartment/hotel building with pictures of each room on the ground floor near the lifts. Having not taken much notice of it, we decided to look at it in closer detail on our last day.. Don't let the kids look close! There are some very naughty goings-on in that picture!

Room Tip: Choose the "garden" view not the city view. The city view is essentially looking at the b...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gingerbirdy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I've just got back from this hotel it was lovely extremely clean and beautifully designed the room was unique but we loved it! It's not somewhere you would stay if you weren't comfortable with the person you were going with as it's very intimate but me and my boyfriend were fine I would really recommend this hotel the staff are amazing and they kindly set the room up for me with cake and balloons for my boyfriends birthday free of charge if I ever go back to amsterdam I'll be staying here without hesitation I personally think it's in a great location not right in the centre but only a short tram ride to the centre

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple