5,487 results
All reviews citizen m free movies mood lighting shower and toilet mood pad zuid station tram stop city centre rooms are small huge bed great concept frosted glass funky hotel schiphol airport number tram modern design common areas
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed here on a layover to Africa, and chose the CitizenM because of it's proximity to the train, reasonable price and great reviews. I was not disappointed. The train takes you from the airport, to a stop only a few minutes walk to the hotel. Checking in was easy and the staff was excellent. The room is high tech, with a universal remote, and really unique shower concept. From there it was a quick walk to the train again, this time, heading downtown.

There isn't a sit-down restaurant, but a cafe style area which has a great selection. The rooms are not overly spacious, but their layout gives you ample room. I would reccommend this hotel for shorter stays or single travellers most of all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank jillian s
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This place just wow-ed us. It's not located at the central but very near zuid station, which is good for us.. just 1 station from Schipol. Tram is just round the corner if you need, and line 5 goes to most of the touristy places, it just perfect for us!
It's very modern concept, and we totally love the design of the room (not recommended for the shy due to "open concept" bathroom). The bed is big and comfy, just make me wanna stay in.. =)
The only not so good experience for us was that the TV wasnt working. We could switched it on, but nothing can be displayed when channels are selected (movies are working fine though). And, the staff said they couldn't do anything about it...-_-

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank py_bh
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

At first I was a bit apprehensive of this hotels location, there was no need. Having not been to Amsterdam before I was unaware just how good the transport is.

Before quarter past 12 you can get the number 5 tram from outside the hotel straight in to Amsterdam centre, after then the 358 night bus runs every hour, and every half an hour on Friday and Saturday.

The hotel it's self is swanky as, rooms really contemporary and so is the bar. They do a massive range of cocktails and I had a few beautiful whiskey sours before we went out which were mixed to perfection.

I was surprised that all the food places in Amsterdam close at 4am so it's a good job the hotel serves food 24/7 because we got back at 5am worse for wear and starving a couple of nights!!

All round brilliant stay, can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Sjollema
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Very cool hotel. Nice atmosphere. Small room. The toilet is in the room, so not for the shy... Ok breakfast, but have seen better. Save money for breakfast by ordering on check-in. 3 km to the centre of Amsterdam, either nice walk or take the bus.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Erik Vesterhus R
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I booked this hotel on the strength of a previous stay at the Citizen M in Glasgow. I was initially a little concerned that it may have been too far from the city centre but with the tram stop on its doorstep it proved to be ideal for a site seeing weekend. It's also very handy to the Amsterdam Zuid station which itself is a short hop away from Schiphol.

The rooms are wonderfully quirky and the bed is one of the most comfortable I've slept in. The staff were extremely friendly, cheerful and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo