“Amazing!”

Ranked #39 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
UK
“Amazing!”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Amazing experience! Self-service check-in/check-out but ambassadors always on hand to help and make sure everything is ok. Helped with local info about trams etc. Fresh towels every day. Mood pad controlled everything in the room, novelty quickly wears off. Luxurious rooms with an amazing bed. Quick walk from train station and just round the corner from tram so no difficulty reaching city centre. Located on a lovely, quiet street. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Stayed here for two nights for a romantic weekend with my husband. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be from the reviews here though. It is well located-ten minuted by train from airport with a tram right outside that brings you into city centre, museum district, etc. `there is free wifi and computers in the lobby and nice chill out areas.
I liked the funky modern room but there was no space for your luggage-putting it in a drawer under the bed is not a good option in my opinion and there were only 3 hangers which we needed for our coats and scarfs so nowhere to hang shirts, dresses etc.
The toilet also needs to be better soundproofed!
While the remote is a great idea it is not ideal-whe we pressed the button for romantic lighting it kept turning the TV off and the temperature kept changing itself which was really annoying. Also there was no pause button for movies so you were often accidently sent back to main menu and it took a while to get back into the movie you were watching and forward it to the correct spot. We really appreciated the free movies though!
While we liked the big bed, it was a bit hard for my taste.
While the hotel says it is a budget one, breakfast-which is a continental one is extra and quite pricey for what it is. There are no tea and coffee making facilities so had to buy tea/coffee at €2.50 a go which adds up. The water and cookies, hot chocolate etc are quite pricey in the lobby too so overall it is not as good value as you would think.
I was also not impressed with the staff (bar those on checkout who were v nice) The girl on duty when we checked in obviously didn't care about guests-I asked if she had any info on attractions etc and she bluntly said No! She then gave me a website name and said to use that! She never even offered a map, which the hotel supplies. Useless and she was v slow behind the bar too.

However we enjoyed our stay and thought it was a convenient hotel-if they fixed the room remotes, reduced their food/drink prices and you are served by better staff it would be a perfect hotel!

2 Thank Islandlily
Hull, UK
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Conveniently priced, clean, úber contemporary - but it's no surprise, as that just comes as standard with the CitizenM chain!
I've now stayed at both the CitizenM in Glasgow Centre & Amsterdam Centre, and would use any excuse to try the one at Schipol airport now too!
I can honestly say my only complaints are that there was no cooked breakfast at the Amsterdam hotel which we paid 20 euros for.. (full english in Glasgow, and I know, we're not in England when we're in Amsterdam - but there were plenty of cafe's providing a meaty bratwurst to satisfy my carnivorous needs)
....and finally, my second complaint is that there aren't more CitizenM hotels around the world, 3 just isn't enough!!

Room Tip: Choose city view - as park view a little dull in winter.
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Come here only if for you a bunk bed or a luxury hotel are the same thing!! The room has no wardrobe and is basically a bathroom with a bed. I chose this hotel since i had to fly early in the morning and wanted to be close to the airport without spending a fortune. I arrived at 11am and i had to pay 20 extra euros to check in without waiting 2pm. No minibar in the room, no space, toilet in the middle. No privacy but position of toilett versua bed embarassing even if one is on his/her own. I am surprised the hotel has good reviews and i was mislead by them and the pictures. The hotel is walking distance, but the road is windy and cold and by what seems a high road!! 10 mins from airport. I never write reviews, but i felt i had to, if out there there are people who might wonder which hotel to choose near schiphol airport. I could have spent a bit more, but have a decent room elsewhere

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Ziapa
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 11, 2011

What else could you ask for? I stay here almost every time I come to Amsterdam for work. It's about 15 min to schiphol by train. It's clean and modern and totally unique. It has a self serve kitchen open 24/7. It has a great look and the rooms, while small, totally feel functional and cozy.
My only complaints? Last trip I had slow and spotty internet service; something i hadn't seen there before so maybe someone was going crazy downloading movies. And, when I first start running water into the sink it sometimes pushes up some smelly odors as I'm washing my face; something I've noticed in multiple rooms. I just hold my breath for a second until the smell clears.
That's it. On the plus side, the staff is wonderfully polite and helpful. The open lobby space is inviting to just hang out and relax or to work. The artwork and decor is lively and fresh. There are a few good restaurants within 10 min walk.

Room Tip: I prefer the garden view which at least looks at some trees. The city view really doesn't look o...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Harry K
Guilford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I am an old lady and still enjoyed my stay here! It is trendy but very comfortable and the staff are all great. Very reasonable price and terrific location.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Stayed there from the end of September to the beginning of October 2011. First of all, the design of the hotel is very different. The lobby has feel of a campus dormitory a open food/bar area with computer terminals and TVs and couches. I personally think that this setup is more or less aiming for the younger travelling business generation (not the traditional suit/tie lot). I personally like the atmosphere quite endearing. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

The room was small but well designed. The mattress was incredible. One of the best sleep I have had on my trip. Most of the things in the room, such as light intensity and even color, can be control by a remote (although some functions aren't as responsive as others such as the changing the blinds). One of the room design that is interesting and be also posed as a problem is the washroom/shower area. The washroom/shower and the bed is divided by a translucent curtain; and the toilet/shower is encased in a "tube of glass". So you can be pretty much see everything that one does in the washroom. This can be quite "intimate" or awkward depending on hold you are rooming with. However, I personally found no problem with this design.

The location is kind of far from the central train station but if you are coming in from air, it is along the train route.

I would definitely come back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are better than city view (not much to see)
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple