“We loved it and we'll be back!”
Review of citizenM Amsterdam

citizenM Amsterdam
Ranked #44 of 374 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Thanks. Smart hotel! Have taken great pleasure from stay. We celebrated wedding in Amsterdam and citizenM this best place for the first marriage night (Hotis to return there more and more...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Very clean. Lovely hotel. Bed was amazing as was power shower. No 5 tram is 1 minute from hotel. This takes you to all locations , Dam Square etc. We got travel card from the information tourist office for 7 euros each. 356 night bus brings you back after 12.30a.m. No 5 tram also takes you to Central Station for train to airport.

Room Tip: None needed - all lovely
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Loved this hotel it was really quirky and fun. Rooms are as cool as they look on the website and bed is soooo comfortable. The staff could not have been more helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is a little far out but the tram stop is literally outside the front door and it is only about 15 mins into the madness.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This hotel is really special, and interesting.
The rooms are perfect and the beds are huge, and you control most things in your room with a remote control.
We were doing a five week InterRail trip around Europe and this was one of the highlights of our trip. The hotel is about ten minutes outside Amsterdam city, however right outside the hotel is a tram stop and their is a train station beside it also so there is no problem getting into Amsterdam.
The staff for the most part were really helpful and friendly, except for one lady who served us in the bar.
The hotel is quirky and maybe not to everyone's taste but I loved the free movies and the mood control lighting and self check in. There was also mac computers for all the guests to use in the lobby which was a definite plus. The tubes in the bedroom of glass may put some people off, as they are placed in the middle of the room and are quite seathrough.
The location was perfect for us and we liked the location a lot. Other reviews which state there is no public transport around are incorrect as the tram is literally outside the door.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LadyTheodoraDarling
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Just a few steps from the Amsterdam Zuid station, just one stop away from the airport. Quiet neighborhood location. Had breakfast at the Bagels and Beans cafe~a terrific recommendation from a prior reviewer. The BEST breakfast ever. We picked up sandwiches and drinks from the Albert Heijn mini grocery store, which is on the left as you head out the train station on your way to the hotel. There is also a full-size grocery about 4 blocks past the hotel. After receiving permission on our first day to use their microwave, we brought in some take-away from the grocery and were scolded wildly by one of the citizenM staff members; she was rude and mean and told us we could do it this ONE time, but would have to eat in our rooms. After I told her we had permission from someone the prior day, she said "well, I guess I am a little crazier about this, as someone had their food explode on my shift". Anyhow, on a happier note, do go visit nearby Haarlem--beautiful, clean and a wonderful historic city. We would of skipped downtown Amsterdam altogether in favor of Haarlem. This hotel is so great.....but, you better be open to an alternative experience :)

Room Tip: book early for great rates.
Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2011

What a unique concept. Self check in, so no queues , but someone on hand to help out with a friendly face. My suggestion for breakfast is not to pre-order, simply select what you want from the continental items on display. Free wireless and comfortable surroundings means it's ideal and great value for a business stay too.

Room Tip: All rooms are great and have selectable mood lighting themes
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed in this hotel with my girlfriend in October

Our room was very small, but functional, and comfortable.

The one thing I would say, is that it may not be suitable for a "new relationship" couple -
The toilet is actually a glass "tube" in the room!
While this is quite novel, it could be pretty embarrassing...

The shower is of the same configuration.

The LED lighting (you can change the colours etc...) was very cool!

One thing I would say is I thought the food was rather expensive.
But this is normal I guess.

I went out for an evening in Amsterdam clubs, and drunkenly left my phone in a taxi.
After calling home on my girlfriends phone, my dad called the hotel, who contacted the taxi company to try and locate it.
The morning after, they tried to help me again, having been passed details of my predicament by the night-staff.
While the phone was never found, I truly appreciated all the help the hotel staff gave me.
Really made a good impression!

The tram stop was right outside the station, which made it nice and easy to pop into the centre (about 10-15 mins away)

I would definitely return to this hotel

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family