“Served the Purpose”

Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Centrum
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This restaurant has two sections, an Italian side and a Steak House. I ate at both of them, and in fact was served by the same person both times. On the Italian side a Had the Lasagna ww béchamel. It was more of a fondue with pasta and much too salty for my taste. The pizzas looked good and I had wished that I had ordered one of those.

Several evenings later, I returned to the steak house side and had the Chicken La Colina which was delicious. A char broiled chicken breast which was not overdone, and smothered with bell peppers and onions. Fries and salad were on the side which were ok.

I would return here but avoid the Lasagna. Service was very attentive.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

A damp night and getting late for me as I came across this place and was hustled in by the tout standing outside. Except for a couple of yound loves I was the only customer. Ordered the mushroom soup(4.40 EU), pasta 'Arrabbiata(7.50), and a beer(3 EU). The pasta was great, the soup OK, and the beer cold.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant several times over the years, and it has always been a pleasure to go there. The food can be a bit basic, but the steaks are generally good.

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We found this place while walking through and after checking some reviews decided to give it a go. We were the only ones in there, and this struck me as strange, as neighbouring areas were full. We ordered a sirloin steak and chips, with a sauce. This came to about ?22 so it wasnt cheap, but not overly expensive.

The decour is quirky, matching the owner. A mismatch of statues, pictures and flags drape the walls and with very low lighting makes it very unusual.

The food however, was lovely. Beautifully cooked, hot and in good time. So if you can overlook the odd atmosphere its certainly worth a visit!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Found La Colina down the side street whilst looking for a steak house to dine at.

We hadn't booked but that wasn't a problem, sat in the window so could watch the restaurant and the street passers-by.

The food choice was good, lots of nice steaks and grills (chicken / lamb / fish)
The service was polite and prompt, our main courses were ready and served in less than 10 minutes (we ate at about 8pm on a Saturday evening)

Everything was cooked to perfection, was very tasty and we didn't leave a scrap. Not a trace of fat in the fillet steak.

Needed to wait a while to order the bill - but not a problem really.

Would definitely eat there again.