“A good, reliable restaurant”
Review of La Colina

La Colina
Ranked #2,873 of 4,134 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Centrum
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant several times over the years, and it has always been a pleasure to go there. The food can be a bit basic, but the steaks are generally good.

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We found this place while walking through and after checking some reviews decided to give it a go. We were the only ones in there, and this struck me as strange, as neighbouring areas were full. We ordered a sirloin steak and chips, with a sauce. This came to about ?22 so it wasnt cheap, but not overly expensive.

The decour is quirky, matching the owner. A mismatch of statues, pictures and flags drape the walls and with very low lighting makes it very unusual.

The food however, was lovely. Beautifully cooked, hot and in good time. So if you can overlook the odd atmosphere its certainly worth a visit!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Found La Colina down the side street whilst looking for a steak house to dine at.

We hadn't booked but that wasn't a problem, sat in the window so could watch the restaurant and the street passers-by.

The food choice was good, lots of nice steaks and grills (chicken / lamb / fish)
The service was polite and prompt, our main courses were ready and served in less than 10 minutes (we ate at about 8pm on a Saturday evening)

Everything was cooked to perfection, was very tasty and we didn't leave a scrap. Not a trace of fat in the fillet steak.

Needed to wait a while to order the bill - but not a problem really.

Would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I had a lunchtime meal here, having walked past several times.

Nice ambience inside and the service is good, if a little too attentive as anyone who stops outside to peruse the menu is instantly jumped upon by the staff.

I had a Spicy Mexican Tomato soup for starters. Not only was in not spicy, but I doubt if it had seen a tomatoe. Very bland, not even seasoned.

For my main meal I had a trio of steak, cooked medium with a "salad" and fries. The salad consisted of a quarter of a tomatoe, a slice of cucumber and a couple of shreds of lettuce leaf. The fries were again, un seasoned and bland. However, the steaks were very good.

I doubt if I would visit again, just too much that did not hit the spot.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The beef was so good that the other ingredients had hard time to stay in even. The price quality rate is excellent if you care just for the beef and good friendly service. Wine list was limited, but the recommended (and the most expensive) was really good. Apetizers did not quite match the excellent quality of the beef...