Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Perfect introduction to the city!

We loved walking through Amsterdam with Dennis! Getting away from the busy areas and seeing the... read more

Reviewed November 18, 2019
Debi6463
An Indescribably Fantastic Tour Day and Guide Dennis

The tour that my wife and I had set up was to have Dennis drive us from Amsterdam to a spot in... read more

Reviewed October 15, 2019
N4567DYmichaelh
Northborough, Massachusetts
via mobile

All reviews highly recommend dennis walking tour guide dennis amazing bike tour jordaan area local perspective dutch culture private guide personal tour his enthusiasm perfect guide zaanse schans experience amsterdam great company great introduction wonderful city visiting amsterdam
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

Really enjoyed the food by foot tour and the 1 1/2 hour evening canal tour
This is Holland is amazing.(Catch the free ferry behind the main railway station)
Hint... Book Van Gogh + Anne Frank before you go. You cannot get tickets otherwise.
Hop on hop off bus is good, but hop on hop off boat better.
Windmill tour is great too
The Palace in the main square is very interesting.

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank Julie W
Dennis G, Owner at Love My City Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2019

Hi Julie,

Good to hear you really enjoyed all the food and the tour.
It was a pleasure meeting you and being your host.
See you next time.

Reviewed September 6, 2019

We found Dennis's name in a Rick Steves guidebook, and I'm so thankful we managed to book him! Dennis guided our family of four (with two teenagers) for about 7 hours on a late-July (2019) afternoon & evening. He showed us around the city on foot, then we did a 2-hour private boat tour in the canals with him & a boat captain. Our time with Dennis absolutely made Amsterdam come alive for us! Dennis is all about service. We talked before the trip to give him an idea of how we would like to spend our time, and he made a couple of dinner suggestions & reservations for us ahead of our trip. He made himself available to us before, during & after our tour, and we so appreciated his suggestions & guidance. Dennis loves his city & is so knowledgeable about it. We would absolutely recommend Dennis as a tour guide to anyone visiting Amsterdam--book him as soon as you know your travel dates! Next time we go we'll definitely be calling Dennis.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank Katherine W

Hi Katherine,

Nice to hear our time together made Amsterdam come alive for you.
I'm also thankful you managed to book me.
It was a pleasure showing you around the city on foot and by boat.
Call me again next time you'll be visiting.

Reviewed September 5, 2019

When my family and I first arrived in Amsterdam we were a bit overwhelmed by the crowds in the city center and worried that this was what it would be like the entire time. After all we were traveling in August and Amsterdam is a very popular destination. The next day, however, we had scheduled a Dennis and he showed us to much less crowded areas of the city, specifically the Joordan. He met us at our hotel and we began walking. He did not force us to go quicker than we wanted and allowed for plenty of detours, questions and very quickly it began to feel much more like a conversation with a friend who knew and loved the city well than a guided tour. Dennis is extremely personable and knowledgeable and clearly loves showing people around the city he loves so much. His excitement is infectious and makes for a wonderful tour to many places we otherwise would never have found. He recommended many amazing restaurants and made reservations at the ones we asked him to even after we had finished our time and other him as our guide. We also had a wonderful time on the canal tour and definitely recommend doing it for three hours, two would not be enough time at all! We stopped at a bar by the water and ate bugles filled with squeeze cheese which no matter how it may sound was absolutely delicious. Seeing Amsterdam from the water was wonderful and both Dennis and Rob made the experience even more delightful. Dennis turned what could have been an overwhelmingly crowded touristey trip into a wonderful and lovely time getting to know the city in a way that is more than just seeing the sights and checking them off, I would recommend for anyone who is able!

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank Celeste C

Hi Celeste,

Good to hear you had a wonderful and lovely time getting to know my city.
I agree that 2 hours on a private boat is not enough.
It was a pleasure meeting with you.
Say hi to the rest of your family.

Reviewed August 28, 2019 via mobile

We had a very enjoyable private walking tour through the streets of Amsterdam. Dennis picked us up at our hotel and we made our way from one neighborhood to another. He allowed us to go at our our pass, never feeling rushed. Dennis is an expert on EVERYTHING AMSTERDAM, I never felt like a tourist it was as though were old friends catching up as we walked through the streets. Whether you are in Amsterdam for a few hours or a few days do not hesitate to book a tour with Dennis. As we parted ways he made sure to let us know we could contact him at anytime during our stay if we wanted any advice on where to go, what to do or where to eat. . . The next time I find myself in Amsterdam I will be sure to meet up with Dennis again.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank WanderlustGirlie01

Hi Gretchen,

Also for me it was like old friends catching up.
Good to hear you never felt like a tourist.
It was a pleasure walking through the streets of Amsterdam with you.
I will see you next time.

Reviewed August 19, 2019 via mobile

Dennis really does love his City. After spending a day with him it’s clear why.
His enthusiasm for Amsterdam is genuine and infectious.
We walked and talked all day . We took public transportation. We never felt like we were on a tour. We saw neighborhoods that he spends his time in. We ate where he eats. There was never a script. Everything was spontaneous and real.
Dennis is your host for the entire time you are in the city even when you are not on the clock with him. He arranged many things for us even when we were not with him.
After we were done he sent us links for things we wanted to do on our own.
By the time we left Amsterdam we loved the city as well. Undoubtedly,Dennis had a lot to do with this.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank James H
Dennis G, Owner at Love My City Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2019

Hi Jim,

I'm happy to hear you now love my city as well.
Also for me it never felt like we were on a tour.
It was a pleasure sharing my favourite places with you and Pam.
I will see you next time.