“Great with kids, a little less great but still good without”
Review of Leuk Amsterdam

Ranked #2,723 of 4,969 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighborhood: West Port
Neighborhood: West Port
Reviewed January 13, 2019

In comparison to the other restaurants in the area, Leuk is a normal, relaxed restaurant for lunch/dinner in a nice spot at the Houthaven-area. They are focused on the children and they are very welcome there. We just happened to walk passed and were hungry, and this looked like an easy going place. I turned out there is a big playing areay for kids, where they can play and are entertained while the parents have some food/rest. We were with a big stroller with a baby and there was enoug space to park and sit. We came for a lunch, but I wasn't impressed with the lunch sadly. We had a kroket (Dutch) on bread, and I never had such a not-tasty one, not crunchy and fat and hard. I mentioned this to one of the staff, but they did not really respond or did anything with that feedback. The food was also quite pricy (€ 30 for a lunch for two and a drink a person), especially when I look at what we had. But maybe you pay for all the extra kids stuff.

Date of visit: January 2019
Write a reviewReviews (14)

Reviewed September 14, 2018

The waitress did not immediately come to our table, she asked what kind of roast should have meat for tartare. The restaurant employee did not bring cutlery and napkins. The food was not tasty. I advise you to order here wine and simple snacks, not main dishes.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed June 4, 2018

Quite a good experience overall. Although I didn't have my kids with me (and they are no longer toddlers), I was quite impressed with the attached daycare which is situated such that the children can go back and forth between the restaurant and the play room. While I didn't have kids, the who set up didn't cause any kind of negative experience for us while eating. Liked the earthy, contemporary decor. Food was excellent - while we were there early afternoon we both ordered a breakfast plate which included eggs Benedict. Very, very good.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

Perfect staff ever in Amesterdam
Great food and great wine syrah
Will come back
Chefs menu is a good option

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

Yesterday we did a late lunch here and the children's area was quite a good idea, just a few more toys are needed.
The children area is supervised which was super!
Unfortunately that is really the only positive thing here.
We were sat at a dirty table that wasn't cleaned till our drinks were brought to the table.
There was so much confusion with the staff that it was entertaining to actually watch.
Wrong food arriving to wrong tables, hot drinks being spilled on guests. Train them on how to carry a tray with 1 hand and how to place items and balance. Lol
I have said this before in other reviews, first take the time to train your staff before setting them on the public.
General steps of Service are needed and apply here. If you train them it saves money down the road and brings back the customers.
The food wasn't outstanding and definitely not warranted a burger for €17.50. This was lacking in the wow factor along with some of the other lunch items.
Overall the concept is there just needs some tweaking. I wish them success.

Date of visit: January 2018