“Definitely one of the best cafes in Amsterdam hands down!”
Review of Eetcafe Singel 404

Eetcafe Singel 404
Ranked #56 of 4,136 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Centrum
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We happened to read some blog which mentioned Singel 404, and we were almost going to miss out on it, since we had a little bit of a problem finding the place, but we are so glad we didn't! It was by far one of the best meals I have had in a restaurant: the portions are HUGE, price is reasonable, the ingredients simple but top quality, and the menu is so extensive. It broke my heart to have to choose just one sandwich, they have 3 odd pages worth of lip-smacking sandwich combinations in writing. My friend and I decided on one of the daily specials oven-baked melt with sliced smoked meat, mushrooms, an insane amount of mozarella cheese and chives, and another MASSIVE open-faced sandwich with ham, dutch old cheese, sundried tomatoes, gardencress, pecannuts, sprouts, avocado, honey-mustard sauce.
Needless to say, both were party-in-the-mouth level amazing.
The coffees and daily dessert specials are really good too.
All-in-all, Singel 404 is a must-visit in Amsterdam. I

2  Thank NehaSethi

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

We had breakfast here and sat outside by the canal. Food was very good... but it took them 3 attempts to get the order right. We also asked for extra cream for the coffee which never arrived.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were lucky enough to get a table here at around 12pm. Service was slow but it wasn't surprising at how busy it was. It was definitely worth the wait. It was the most enjoyable meal we ate whilst in Amsterdam. Simple ingredients executed perfectly. My partner had the BLT sandwich which was a triple decker monster. She said it was the best sandwich she had ever tasted. And I had from the oven: on famers corn bread, farmers cheese, ham, tomatoes, honey mustard, chives, jalapeños (I]f I remember correctly) It was absolutely delicious. Such simple ingredients incorporated together to make such a splendid meal. My only regret is not going back a second time on our trip. A really enjoyable experience overall. Coffee was very good, cookies were lovely. Waitress was very smiley and happy. Prices very reasonable. Cannot wait to come back on our next trip to Amsterdam

1  Thank wecontrolthesunlight
Adrie Y, Co-Owner at Eetcafe Singel 404, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Wow!
What a nice review, thank you so much for taking the time to write it down, it means a lot to us,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Oh the majesty of Singel 404, combining simple ingredients to make a work of art that would give Van Gogh a run for is money. This sandwich shop was on my list of 'must go's' from the very beginning, and it didn't disappoint! In fact, I think I left my jaw on the table in Amsterdam after seeing the beauty that was my bacon, walnut, brie, honey and garden cress sandwich. Words cannot describe the magnificence of these culinary delights! My recommendation? Go to Singel 404 and never leave!

Management response:Responded February 24, 2014

Wow,what a nice review, thank you so much

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This place was recommended on the Guardian's where to eat in Amsterdam and it did not disappoint. We popped in for lunch (party of 4) and having spied the size of the sandwiches on the other tables we ordered 3 and they were sufficient. The warm ham was excellent as was was the chicken club. Staff were very friendly although the service was a little laid back. But hey this Amsterdam you know....

Adrie Y, Co Owner at Eetcafe Singel 404, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

What a compliment, thank you,