“Nice Italian spot near Rembrandtplein”
Review of Saturnino

Saturnino
Reserve with
Saturnino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #223 of 4,223 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just back from a great meal at Sleinaturnino. We shared a nice pizza for an appetizer, main course dishes were good and nice sized portions. Asked for a modification of one dish, no problem and it was very good. Service was great, atmosphere was nice, price was reasonable. A little surprised no fresh bread with the meal, but other than that, very good.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Saturnino is the kind of place that doesn't need reviews. It seemed to be functioning at about 120% capacity when we were there, and that's probably the same every night. This is just a wonderful , genuine Italian restaurant. To start, I had the bruschetta, with the sweetest of tomatoes. The secret? We were told they come from Sicily. The main courses were similarly very fresh, very tasty, and very good value.The atmosphere is high-spirited and very convivial. We're already planning another trip to Amsterdam just so we can go there again.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Chose this great Italian restaurant for birthday celebration, reserved table for 6 in the upper floor. Wonderful food, husband says it's best Lasagna ever, personal service. Only complaint: too popular, so too loud. Maybe upper level echoes more. Therefore, chose another Italian bar/coffee corner of Flower Market for after-dinner coffee. Still, we will be back to Saturnino!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Came with a large group on Friday night ( we had pre booked) seated quickly by very friendly staff, I had swordfish steak that was just the best, my husband and five others had the filet mignon with truffles AWSOME was the only way to describe the dish. A thoroughly enjoyable experience good wine, good food and friendly staff. Great way to start our first trip to Amsterdam.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My partner & I had a wonderful experience with this restaurant. The food was great, the selection large, and the prices were really reasonable. We had been menu reading at various restaurants in the area and when reading Saturnino's the owner came outside and pointed to something below the menu and simply said "this is what makes all the difference. Genuine Italian". What he pointed to was his Italian photo ID card. Well he was right. I did feel that I was eating at an Italian restaurant in Italy and not in some foreign place. All the right touches in dining just like you get in Italy (which I've been to on numerous trips). I personally loved getting a quarter liter carafe of good red Italian table wine for less than 5 Euros, truly reasonable by Amsterdam standards. All kinds of menus choices from starters, to pastas, to pizzas, to entrees, to deserts. A very friendly staff (almost family like). I would have no problem whatsoever going back to this great and inviting restaurant.