“great place to eat ,bit hard to find but if you come out Amrath Hotel turn left and right over first bridge and then hal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Looks Restaurant

Looks Restaurant
Reserve with
Looks Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 3,767 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, French, Seafood, International, European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: MENU Looks has a small menu that changes every 6 weeks. Oysters, Entrecote and Lobster are always available. The changing menu is always surprising and refreshing. We cook with all seasons and preparing the classic ingredients with a personal twist. We want you as our guest to have a pleasant experience at Looks Dining. LOCATION Amsterdam's Chinatown has a long history when it comes to food. Looks situated in the center, a forest of canals, bridges and 16th century buildings. The wide range of old asian restaurants, Looks stands out immediately. The first impression of the two ancient monumental buildings. But if you open the door you enter a warm, modern, international, urban occasion. At the entrance the kitchen, staff greets you kindly. With an open kitchen, guests can immediately see that we work with fresh products The building consists of many different levels connected by stairs. The rooms have their own character and look. Through a lot of levels and the use of illuminated glass creates a unit.
Perth Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Loved the place ,food fantastic ,lobster out of this world .
Great waiter ,explained everything on your plate and the process it was cooked .You need to go :)

Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
gourock
“Looks good, is good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We arrived at this restaurant 'cap in hand' with no reservation, as we hadn't planned where we would eat. Following the directions of our excellent concierge at The Grand Hotel Amrath, we found this place after crossing the canal bridge and a very short walk, (less than 5 minutes)
It was obvious that the place was fully booked but we were seated without any fuss at a table near the food preparation area. This meant we were close to diners who were having a pre dinner drink. We were assured by the waiter that they would soon disperse and indeed they did. Although quite dark, this superbly designed restaurant was buzzing with life and had a lovely atmosphere. I got the impression that the staff were doing everything they could to make us feel welcome. The menu was carefully explained by the waiter and when our food arrived, again it was described in mouthwatering detail, which made me want to grab the plate out of his hand! The owner and the chef, both of whom I recognised from a KLM flight magazine feature, took time to enquire on our comfort and this we very much appreciated.
We found the food here superb. A very enjoyable dinner. When we return to Amsterdam we will make a point of visiting again, I suggest you do the same.

1 Thank george m
Shanghai
“An excellent dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I saw a write up on Looks in the KLM inflight magazine and as a lover of lobster I couldn't resist a visit and I'm glad I did. On arrival I was met by Salomeh, the owner Jordy's partner whom gave me a great welcome and talked me thru the menu which changes every 4 weeks. I of course opted for the lobster which are flown in from Nova Scotia and cooked in a vegetable broth and served with potato mousseline and sea lavender enriched with a choron and leek sauce. I started with a tuna and foie gras lasagne. Both were excellent and were washed down with NZ Nautilus Sauvignon Blanc. An excellent dining experience!

• Visited February 2013
York, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Wonderful in all respects, from the helpful friendly staff to the ambience and beautifully cooked and professionally presented food.
Not going to bang on about what my wife and I had to eat because we are sure whatever you have it will be delicious.
Don't think they have a Michelin Star yet but certainly worthy of one.
It is very reasonable too. Our meal which included 2 starters, 2 mains and a decent bottle of wine came to €90.
Just go, you won't be disappointed.

Heemstede, The Netherlands
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I visited Looks last week together with a colleague from America. We ate early on a Thursday and the restaurant was as good as empty at 7.30pm. We were well received, and the service was fine.
The table was set in a niche and was not very well lit. A disadvantage when you've forgotten your reading lasses, as I did.
The food was not what I'd hoped for. I had crab salad which was served with a BBQ mayonnaise - a smokey tasting salad wasn't what I expected. Still my main course was the entrecôte steak - can't go wrong I thought . Wrong !!! I was served with what I can only describe as two small "bricks" of tough meat. Both my knife and teeth struggled to get through the meat. Very disappointing.
The ambiance here is fine, the service ( for Dutch standards) was attentive and correct. Shame about the food.