WINNER WONDERLAND

Nevy
Ranked #2,432 of 3,558 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Seafood, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Centrum
argyll
“Yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

The menu here is wonderful with some great eclectic selections.if you like fish and seafood this is a good choice. The service is very good indeed. Our food was of a very high standard with some wonderful flavours and attention to detail.
It is such a shame we were the only diners there on a Sunday night! The restaurant itself is beautifully situated on the waterfront, the tables and decor are beautiful and modern. Can't understand why such a top quality place was empty. It must cost a fortune to run such an upmarket place. We almost turned back on our way there as the lighting is so subdued from the outside we thought it was closed! Glad we didn't as we were rewarded with such great food. It is worth making the effort to go here for a meal if you don't mind the quiet atmosphere inside.

Visited February 2014

• Turkish first
London
“Excellent little find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Whilst staying at Room Mate Aitana Hotel and getting a little bit bored of venturing under the bridge to get into the city for dinner, we decided to take the hotels advise and pop along to the blue building about 200 meters away! A little gem! Really great food and staff. Unfortunately, due to location the restaurant was so empty (which was a shame). I really do hope that there are better transport links to this part of the town as it is so close to Centraal Station, but that walk is really off-putting. The quality was brilliant which probably explained this being our most expensive meal whilst in Amsterdam!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Company night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were here on a large business occasion with all of our European offices and some distributors. The menu was set for us, but overall the quality was good, the meat particularly was cooked just right and very tender to the bite, they continuously replenished the bread basket, helped us with a abundant quantity of red and white wine and the dessert was also very tasty. The service was efficient, professional and courteous. Overall a good night out and I would recommend it for similar function.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“They could not be bothered to serve coffee or collect the bill...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Eaten at Nevy a few times (probably 4 or 5). I cannot deny it's a fantastic view, right on the water and you can spend a lovely lunch or evening here. The fish and chips is recommended.

But I think I had my last trip there. Service has never been speedy, but this last time I was completely fed up. We were underserved - and waited an hour for food. After eating, we would have enjoyed more wine, or perhaps a coffee. But the waiter, who stood chatting for more than 20 minutes to a couple behind us almost studiously ignored us. In the end, I got up to go, asking to the waiting staff in general if they'd like to give me the bill, but no one came. I stood by the till. No one bothered to come. After about 10 mins i walked out slowly to unlock my bike and tried once more to pay, which I eventually was allowed to. I eat out a lot, and I can count on fingers of one hand the times I've not tipped: This was one of those times.

Sorry guys, but I'm not coming back. I know you've had some bad luck with the ongoing road-building work, but I think your service should be able to overcome that.

Visited August 2013
“A nice romantic atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

It is located on the Amstel with a beautiful view. The outside seating area is romantically lit with candles in the evening. We were a group of about 20 people. The inside of restaurant had a simple but very well kept decore. Food was nice with a variety ranging from steaks to seafood. Service was quick. The only negative thing i could say really was the fact that when ordering steak no one asked how we would like it cooked. I'm not used to eating rare cooked steak. And when we asked if it could be cooked for longer, it was taken and returned again in a still undercooked state. Dessert was very nice.

• Visited September 2013