“Faboulos Nevy!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: "Overlooking Amsterdam’s river IJ on the Westerdoksdijk, new Nevy restaurant is the latest addition to the local gastronomic family that includes Envy and Vyne. This time, the focus is on fish. A safe choice for a city built on water perhaps but Nevy takes things up a notch. Here, the fruits of many seas are served in a beautiful blue and gold interior that’s part nod to old market halls, and part gallery hung with fish x-ray photos. Guests who aren’t squeamish about eyeballs visit a ‘raw bar’ to choose their fish or shellfish, and decide whether to have it raw, creviche, grilled or tempura. Fixed dishes served in the other room reflect Nevy restaurant’s eclectic international mood, with a lively menu co-ordinated by Michelin-starred chef Robert Kranenborg. And it’s all based on environmentally sound principles. "
Torremolinos, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Faboulos Nevy!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was with dear friends having dinner at Nevy for farewell dinner cause I will move to Spain, the first expression when we are coming inside the restaurant just give a good feeling, especially we get table next to the window with the water view.
The service was friendly and good, the backround music give more touch to the ambience..
We were really enjoy and very satisfied with the food, very tastefull,!
I don't have any other words, except...You should come to have dinner in this restaurant, GREAT!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank FerryTjan

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Super seafood although random location”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We went here for Sunday lunch and had some really delicious fresh fish. We were a little suprised that in a fairly posh restaurant, the lunch options were very imited and largely sandwiches/ soup/ bites, but actually we did have a great meal. Fabulous selection of very fresh sashimi to start and then a very tasty fish pie. The decor is really sophisticated and it looks right over the water which must be particularly lovely in summer. The location in general though is a little random and we did fell like we were walking through the industrial/port area for a while to find it! Overally definitely worth a visit although I think a summer evening (when they serve a full menu and you could sit on the terrace) would be the best time to go

Visited April 2013
Lausanne, Switzerland
“A very mixed experience”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I will start with the positives about Nevy. The interior is beautiful – very nice setting right by the water. In addition, our server was excellent – perhaps one of the best servers I’ve had in the last 5 years. She was professional, friendly, and accommodating. That said, there were several things that made our evening less than outstanding. First off, Nevy is VERY difficult to access. It is behind a horrible construction zone, which according to the hostess, has been there for 2 years. Of course, this is not the fault of the restaurant – but it definitely makes the experience of getting there less than ideal. Second, upon arrival we were given a table that was set away from the main dining room. I should say that my friend and I used a Groupon for the dinner, which I announced in advance upon making the reservation. I asked to be seated in a more central location, but the hostess said that was impossible because the dining room was divided into different sections that must be maintained. I have worked in enough restaurants to know that tables can easily be switched. And I didn’t appreciate being treated as a “second-class” diner simply because I had a Groupon – which the restaurant issued itself. If I understand correctly, restaurants issue Groupons because they want to introduce diners to their restaurant in the hope that they will come back and pay full price. People will not come back if they are not impressed with the experience. Third, the evening took an unduly long time. After three hours, we had still not received our main course. The food was good – but nothing too memorable. Were it not for the “second-class” treatment from the hostess, I would be willing to give Nevy a second chance. But because of this, I am not planning to return.

• Visited March 2013
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Trendy / Great Food”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

On the edge of the sea, a bit out of the centre, chic white interior gives quite a young and trendy feel. The service was excellent, the waiting staff very knowledgeable. I had the chefs 3 course menu selection which was superb, with loverly fresh flavours at around E30. In terms of food quality, taste etc, this must be one of the best in the city for fish. Given we visited on a very wet October evening, in the summer I think it would be an even nicer spot for a lovely fishy evening out.

• Visited October 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great view and fine food”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I must admit that it was the view and atmosphere that impressed me the most. Nevy is a fish restaurant with panorama windows situated at the waterfront. The interior is mostly a modern "glass and steel" look in an open setting.
Not to forget the food and wine.. no complaints there.. it was fine food and regular wines to choose from. I dont think it was a gastronomic revelation but I found it OK and with the whole setting I can recommend to stop by

• Visited September 2012