“Great breakfast”

Ranked #34 of 4,003 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Came here for breakfast - the Eggs Benedict were delicious! - and for two Brits away from home we loved the big pot of earl grey tea.

The food was great and tasty, the service was quick and friendly and the location was fantastic. Would definitely go back! Best breakfast place we found in Amsterdam.

1  Thank Joanna3285
There are newer reviews for Greenwoods Singel

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Maybe I had been swayed by the top marks given by other reviewers and was expecting something more but the breakfast we got was ok but nothing special. The staff were efficient and polite but looked run off their feet with little time to really interact with guests which was a shame. The full english breakfast was greasy with that hint of transport cafe about it - although the home made soda bead was lovely. Lovely setting right on the canal but simply not the wow factor I was hoping for and certainly not the best breakfast in Amsterdam.

1  Thank skybluejan
Reviewed July 19, 2014

After missing Melbourne brunches we decided to try out this place. It was so nice to finally have a proper brunch again. My boyfriend and I had the Eggs Florentine and eggs Benedict. The food was really good and that was quite obvious seeing as there was a line to get in. Definitely worth a visit if you like a good brunch.

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Had seen the reviews on Tripadvisor for this place so I saved it on my phone. We visited one morning for breakfast and although the service was great the food was average. Veggie breakfast was very oily and lacked seasoning. My wife had eggs and the bread was soggy which was not appetising. Coffee arrived but only had little plastic cups of milk....to me that is not milk and one was even empty. I would go back to give them a second chance as there are so many good reviews, however, this was our experience.

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Lovely place which serves a very good variety for vegetarians. Superb taste and matched by very friendly service compared to most Dutch restaurants. Family friendly and welcoming to kids. They should buy the property next door and expand.