“Best breakfast I've ever had!”
Review of Greenwoods Singel

Greenwoods Singel
Ranked #34 of 4,003 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My boyfriend and I were on a short stay in Amsterdam and went to Greenwoods two mornings in a row. We had to wait maybe 15 minutes for a table inside but it was worth it. We tried the full english breakfast, eggs benedict and eggs florentine. It was the without a doubt the best breakfast we've ever tasted. It were busy mornings and the staff had their hands full but they were very friendly and the service was excellent. If you're planning a trip to Amsterdam you have to put Greenwoods on your to-do list!

1  Thank Heida I
There are newer reviews for Greenwoods Singel

Reviewed June 17, 2014

A recent visit to Amsterdam and we were looking for a place for some brunch. I looked on tripadvisor and found this wonderful gem. According the tripadvisor, it was ranked #4 of 2,205 with over 500 reviews. Can't go wrong right?

I ordered the eggs Benedict and the full English breakfast - eggs were requested medium. We also had earl grey tea which was quite pleasant. The eggs were overcooked, and it wasn't a one time thing. My friend who accompanied me also ordered the eggs Benedict. The eggs were poached for far too long. Also my "over medium" eggs were well done also.

The food was still good, but not having runny eggs with eggs Benedict is just not the same. The service was good considering it was Europe and their desserts and coffee drinks were amazing. Just a shame that the eggs were overdone!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We tried to start our day here but the restaurant doesn't open until 930 so we stopped in for Brunch after a visit to the Van Gogh museum. Excellent and fresh eggs and sandwiches. Full English breakfast, eggs Benedict, BLT's , Frites, fresh squeezed OJ served in a small intimate friendly "basement " location with seating for about 8 people on the first floor. Friendly and helpful staff and a nice option for breakfast, brunch or lunch.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is a cosy little place facing the canal and always seem so busy, which is a good sign for a restaurant. The food was delicious, worth the wait and priced very reasonable. They bake their bread on site, ours was still warm when it came to the table and the best organic rye loaf I've had. The staff a very friendly. Grandmas' meatball is very tasty!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We had to wait to get a table outside but it was worth every minute! Amazing food, generous portions, reasonable price, great staff, good location! Go there!!