“Lovely”

Ranked #32 of 4,096 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Perfect atmosphere of a cafe that could be perfect in Amsterdam as well as in Paris as well as in Prague. The staff is great, nice and quick. I did really enjoy the incredible food.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

2 friends and I were in Amsterdam for a week around NYE time. After reading the other reviews on TripAdvisor I knew it was mandatory to visit. I'm glad others mentioned that we should get there on time for the opening if eating for breakfast, because sure enough, there were enough people there to fill the restaurant before it even opened. Even though the restaurant was filled, there were seats outside which had blankets on the back of the chairs for patrons willing to brave the cold morning to eat there! My two friends had a special omelette with spinach and different cheeses, while I had a veggie omelette. Needless to say, everyone cleaned their plates. However, I wish I had gotten the homemade soda bread that came with my friend's orders! If plain toast comes with your meal, I suggest asking for the soda bread instead!!!! We also had some scones and clotted cream, which were equally amazing (probably the best I've tasted). If you're a tea drinker, definitely order a pot of any of the teas they may have at the moment. Definitely which I had the time to visit again!

1  Thank Shemariah E
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Decided to try our Greenwoods after searching Tripadvisor and reading the positive reviews. We were first in the door for breakfast so no wait for a table, just for the staff to finish their coffee before menu arrived, order taken, drinks on the table and then a delicious breakfast delivered. There was not one crumb left on a plate - every order was cooked to perfection, from the reasonable portion of Full English, to the light, fluffy and tasty scrambled eggs. Fresh juice was all natural and the coffees were great too.

If you are in the area and looking for somewhere for breakfast, we highly recommend and Greenwoods won't disappoint in terms of taste and quality. Now the tough decision - go back tomorrow again or try somewhere else? Hopefully either choice delivers another delicious start to the day.

2  Thank AUSLion
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

After a short wait outside we got a table, great fast service. Food was fast to come out, large portions for a good price. Little upset with the nanna meatball being abit dry but other than that i would go back.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Excellent food and atmosphere, the location is... romantic and intriguing, what more? You have to try hard to find place, but will be rewarded! The service is friendly.