“Cozy place”

Ranked #31 of 4,141 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Went here for brunch, and the place is very nice and cozy. We ordered the Eggs Benedict. The eggs are not propper poached, but in a mold or something. It doesn't matter, because it was very nice. Regardless of the poaching method. The place is easily crowded, but worth the wait if it is no free tables.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,350)

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Having read all the raving reviews on Trip Advisor about Greenwoods I thought I would give it a try myself and see what all the hype was about. Well, I'm happy to say it lived up to my expectations - good, service, nice location and great food. Being English I can confidently say that it was better than most café's we have in the UK. Well done.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We spent quite a lot of time looking for the perfect breakfast in Amsterdam until we found this place. The food was delicious, coffee was great and there was plenty of vegetarian and ecological food which we considered a plus. Service was ok, a bit slow but very friendly. Prices were ok too.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Good food, nicely priced, nice place. But don't hope to get your juice - even if you have ordered it twice. And it eternity to wait for your check.

danielpost, Owner at Greenwoods Singel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

I am very sorry to hear about this. We have been trying to train some new staff and sadly some of them have proved to he hopeless and have since been removed. I am very sorry that you had this problem. We are taking all steps to make sure that our high standards are improved and maintained. sorry once again for this problem.
Daniel

Reviewed September 6, 2013

In my visit in February we decided to have an English breakfast for lunch one day of our stay.
Following Trip Advisor recommendations we felt strong enough to try it!

To be honest I had the original English one in its native country, but I'd like to try things.
I couldn't be happier!
The taste was lovely, the dish was nice presented and the waitress was so friendly.
Just a pity, the jacket potato was off the menu (I love jacket potato as my life :D).

We were very satisfied after our lunch!

The menu includes teas and pastries. I think that the scones are something special. They prepare them fresh for you. They look deliciuos!
Next time, if I had the chance, I will have them ;)