All reviewsluggage storagesupermarket round the cornerhave tea coffee making facilitiesany requestslarge supermarketclean roomsair conbusy roadhotel is greatcomfortable bedwould stay here againnice showermain stationenjoyed my stayperfect locationpublic transportmin walk
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

Myself and my husband stayed here over the weekend and it was in the perfect location close to all the attractions. The rooms were lovely and for the price a bargain. Beds were very comfy hotel was clean and staff were helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Nikki v, Guest Relations Manager at Motel One Amsterdam-Waterlooplein, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Dear Jamie-Lee,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with Motel One Amsterdam-Waterlooplein. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the central Location, Design and Price. I have shared your kind words with team, who were delighted to hear they had such a positive impact on your visit!

We hope to welcome you and your husband back to Motel One soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2018

Though we stayed only two nights, this hotel was in a great (gentrified) neighborhood a brisk 20 min walk from the Central Station and around the block from Rembrandt's House. Nearest tram (near the Opera/Ballet) is a nice 10-15 minute walk. The rooms have A/C and thought ours didn't work the staff moved us to another room after attempted to fix the system. Oscar was especially helpful and polite. The hotel has a very cool design scheme, the rooms were new, spotless and comfortable (extra pillows, great mattresses, great light). There's a great bar downstairs (Eduardo was our attentive barkeep who made great suggestions) with a super gin collection. My only complaint was that the street outside had a lot of traffic and was a typically small , making it tough to unload a rental car (mine was almost towed). No fridge in the room, No laundry services but there's a tailor/laundry shop a few yards/meters down the street if you need clothes to be cleaned/mended.

Room Tip: Make sure the a/c works and a higher floor will have less street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Nikki v, Guest Relations Manager at Motel One Amsterdam-Waterlooplein, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Dear Motel One Guest,

Thank you for the kind words! We’re so happy you enjoyed your visit at Motel One Amsterdam-Waterlooplein. It is a great starting point to explore the city centre of Amsterdam. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and I have shared your kind words with the team, who were delighted to hear they had such a positive impact on your visit!

We look forward to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed July 23, 2018

From the start the staff were extremely helpful, we were a group of 9, so had multiple rooms. We arrived a little earlier than the check in time, but the staff bent over backwards to help us. They let us have a room that was ready so that we could use this to store our cases so that we could check in when we returned. When we returned the staff were again very helpful and accommodating and got us all checked in very quick. They helped us with every question we had and any requests - one of the group was able to borrow and iron and ironing board and they were happy to accept my postcards that needed posting. We also made use of the bar, where they had an excellent choice of gins and we found the central location great.

If you are a UK visitor I would say this hotel is very similar to what you get when you stay at a Premier Inn. I was so impressed that I am looking at staying at another one on my next trip

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
Nikki v, Guest Relations Manager at Motel One Amsterdam-Waterlooplein, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Dear Gembo,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and I have shared your kind words about our staff, who were delighted to hear they had such a positive impact on your visit.

It makes us smile when we read that you are already looking to stay in another Motel One for your next trip. Our tip for your next city trip: the newly opened Motel One Barcelona or Motel One Paris.

We look forward to welcome you again at Motel One!

Reviewed July 18, 2018

My partner and I stayed here for two nights and we were extremely impressed. Upon arrival, our luggage was held so we could explore Amsterdam. The hotel is around 10 minutes walk from Dam Square. If you venture out for a further 10 minutes you can find yourself in the most beautiful parts of Amsterdam.

On the last day our luggage was also held for us. Some reviews state that this hotel do not hold luggage, however this is only when they are very busy as they have limited space.

All of the staff are very helpful and friendly, and the rooms were thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis. The only downside is that the hotel provides no tea and coffee in the room or an iron which was needed.

Overall, we would definitely stay here again! A lot of the hotels in the centre are hostels, however this was perfect for what we wanted out of our trip.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Nikki v, Guest Relations Manager at Motel One Amsterdam-Waterlooplein, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Dear Charlotte,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you not only enjoyed your stay in our hotel but also enjoyed exploring the most beautiful parts of Amsterdam.

Motel One as a brand focus on the essentials for a hotel room and we do not offer any added frills like a phone, tea and coffee facilities or mini bar in the room. However our bar and reception is open 24/7 and although we do not have irons standard in the room, we do offer them. When you are visiting again and want to use an iron you can always ask reception and they will provide this for you.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

We can highly confirm the willingness of doing personalized service at this hotel.
I highlight tho because we went to the Hilton rooftop bar and W Hotel rooftop bar and received no or poor service.

The staff was enormous friendly including the cleaning staff of the rooms.
I always feel a little uncomfortable when I leave my hotel room and see people cleaning my room while I enjoy the city.
But in this hotel the cleaning staff gave me the feeling they like their job. It was great to have a chat and make some fun every morning with the ladies and gentlemen of the housekeeping.

We had no breakfast as we wanted to enjoy it somewhere else. The reception staff was very friend and anticipated.

Thank you! Congratulations on Marina (the general manager) of choosing such nice people as stuff.

The location is not to far from the inner city. While you walk to the hotel you see some nice areas.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TraveladvisorFRA
Nikki v, Guest Relations Manager at Motel One Amsterdam-Waterlooplein, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Dear Motel One Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and I have shared your kind words with Marina, who was delighted to hear that the staff had such a positive impact on your visit!

We hope to welcome you back to Motel One soon.

Nikki van Tongeren and the entire Motel One Amsterdam-Waterlooplein Team