“Yummy, the soup was delicious”
Review of Umaimon

Umaimon
Ranked #651 of 4,901 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighborhood: Centrum
Neighborhood: Centrum
Reviewed June 4, 2019

We came in 30 minutes before they closed, the service was great we order the spicy soup it was delicious. We had another great meal.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Great ramen! With friendly and quick service by a charming lad named Liam. I’ll definitely come here again.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

Okay, so I have an allergy to nuts. last year I ate here and had no problems eating the delicious miso ramens they had.

Now, they have changed their menu to somehow include peanuts in the miso?! Can someone tell me why on earth this would happen, what benefits are there to changing to peanut? Cheaper? Is that it? Also there is nothing on the menu to state that there are suddenly nuts in the food, which is hugely irresponsible and dangerous.
Thank god I randomly checked about nuts on my 3rd visit to eat the SAME ramen I had already twice.

Thanks guys, you’ve lost a customer and very nearly killed someone because our your lack of thought to allergy sufferers.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank Felixtheperson
Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

Green tea, pumpkin croquet, miso soup, spicy chicken teriyaki ramen, guiosa with pork and rice. Around 45 euros. We asked for window seat and we got it.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 20, 2019

I've been here twice so far for dinner. At first I was nervous about trying this place because of the location. Leidseplein is kind of the closest thing Amsterdam has to a 'strip', in the sense that it's packed with questionable tourist bars and restaurants, the sort of places that run deals on cheap pints, where waiters will stand around outside try to entice you in from the street. Umaimon is right there in the middle of it, next to an 'Irish' bar and downwind of Amsterdam's largest coffeeshop, but thankfully it is absolutely not a schlocky tourist trap, nor does it try to be, it's very nice! Please don't be put off by the area, it's a diamond in the rough.

The star of the show at Umaimon is not the ramen broth (don't get me wrong it's delicious but it's not the best I've had in the city), it's the chicken. Their chicken ramen is topped with thick, generous slices of crispy chicken breast and thigh, and delicious, savory chicken dumplings. Basically, if it has chicken in it or on it, it's a winner. The noodles are also really good and have a nice bite to them. The price is totally fine for what you get, especially given the area. Amsterdam is surprisingly good for ramen bars and this one stands with the best of them.

Date of visit: February 2019