“Excellent dinner!”

Ranked #4 of 3,955 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Vinkeles is housed in an old bakery; which was set up in 1787 by the Regents of the Catholic Church, who at the time owned the building. The bakery flourished until 1811 and guests still can see the original ovens, which were discovered intact during restoration work.Echoing the décor of the hotel, Executive Chef Dennis Kuipers’ menu combines the traditional and the modern. The dishes served in Vinkeles show Kuipers’ love of the contemporary French cuisine. He combines the freshest ingredients to produce a menu that is delicious and unique to Vinkeles. In 2009 restaurant Vinkeles was awarded a Michelin star.
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent dinner!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Had dinner in Amsterdam to celebrate the half-year anniversary with my wife. We choose Vinkeles since it was at a convenient distance from our hotel. Our demand was that the restaurant had to be a Michelin-stared restaurant.
The restaurant is located in The Dylan hotel, and is originally a old bakery, and it has a very intimate and warm atmosphere. We choose to take the Chef's Signature menu with wine pairings. And all the aspects of this menu was excellent. One of the highlights of the menu was the pigeon and the truffle. There was also several delightful surprises along the way in the menu. The waiters and staff at Vinkeles were also excellent in all aspects.
I can definitely recommend Vinkeles, and we would probably come back here next time we are in Amsterdam.

• Visited February 2013
René B, General Manager at Vinkeles, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. It is an honor to read that you experienced an excellent dinner at restaurant Vinkeles for your half-year anniversary!

With Chef’s Signature Menu you have tried a large selection of our dishes and it is great to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by the menu.

We hope to welcome you back as our guest in the future.

Kind regards,
The Vinkeles Team

• Hebrew first
Portland, Oregon
“GREAT AMSTERDAM GASTRONOMIC EXPERIENCE . . .”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Was in Amsterdam and looking for a gastronomic experience that one will remember for some time in a great location - and we found it at Vinkeles in the Dylan Amsterdam hotel. There are other Michelin starred restaurants (dining on a budget does not apply here) in AMS, and I just choose Vinkeles because of the ambiance. Vinkeles is actually in an 18th century bakery and my table was directly along side the long row of former ovens used to cook the various breads.

You are looking for a Michelin star quality establishment by reading this so you know that you will get what you pay for, not in sheer quantity, but in overall refined taste and quality of the ingredients combined in unique and unusual ways in the French tradition. Needless to say, I was completely full when I left and had to walk back to my hotel afterwards.

Started off in their old world lounge with a glass of white wine and some snacks as I waited for the restaurnat to open as I had arrived a bit early to ensure that I could find the place.

They have multicourse tasting menus, but I choose a la carte as there were things that I wanted to try specifically that were not on the various tasting menu combinations (i.e. 8, 5, or 4 courses). Each was paired with wine recommended by Gosse.

They started off with some outstanding parmesan cheese sticks (wish I could get these at home) followed by a tuna tartar that was textured with a very mild radish - just the right combination for an enjoyable diversion from the usual tartar. They also had a very unique 'pearl' that was a molecular gastronomic liquid diversion served on an oyster shell - very ingenious. There was the bread course and the starter - foie gras, which is now banned in California ;-(, that also came with morel and ox tail. Instead of ordering just a starter and main, they actually had the option to order a starter and then two mains that were the size of a good starter - so I order the tarbot and sweetbreads. Both were excellent and well done. The wine that was selected to accompany each serve was excellent and pair brilliantly with the food.

After a bit of a break, I ordered the 3 glazen (sorbet and ice cream) - all excellent and accompanied with various fresh fruit (blueberries, raspberries, etc.). On top of this, they served an espresso with an assortment of excellent small desserts to sample. On top of this, they also presented a selection of chocolates (I choose the licorice and chocoloate, and cigar and chocolate).

So for a total of over 2.5 hrs of fine dining and excellent gastronomic excursion, I have certainly added Vinkeles to my growing list of favorite restaurants to return to the next time I am in their town.

I was attended to by Casper and Gosse, among many others - thank you all for the excellent and attentive service as it was truly an experience.

• Visited March 2013
“Amazing”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

How this restaurant is currently rated 54th in Amsterdam is beyond comprehension. I could understand if there were one or two contenders but 53 above?! The entrance to Vinkeles restaurant gives plenty of promise; you get the feeling as you turn from the canal to walk through the courtyard that you are in for a special experience, and so it proved to be. The warm welcome from the staff is uplifting and the ambiance and fireside experience of being in a heritage Amsterdam building makes you feel very comfortable. We chose the Chef's Signature menu with accompanying wines and it was a superb gastronomic journey of discovery that I would recommend to any discerning food lover visiting Amsterdam. This was no predictable menu; there were lots of delightful surprises along the way and I can only imagine the time, the skill and the hard work in the Vinkeles kitchen to produce such an experience. I hope all of the Vinkeles staff follow their Trip Advisor reviews and I would like to say a very big thank you to the whole team for such a memorable evening.

René B, General Manager at Vinkeles, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
It is a great pleasure to read your excellent review on restaurant Vinkeles! Thank you for these beautiful words and for taking the time to share these on TripAdvisor.

We share our reviews with the whole team and such reviews motivate us even more, since our aim is to have our guests experience a memorable evening.

We are looking forward welcoming you back as our guest!

Kind regards,
The Vinkeles Team
Utah
“Relaxing atmosphere and delicious food”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our family of four had dinner at Vinkeles on Christmas in 2012 and it was a wonderful experience. The staff were extremely hospitable and attentive, though the meal proceeded at an unhurried pace. We loved the atmosphere of the bar and the restaurant both, and will investigate staying at this hotel (The Dylan) in the future.

• Visited December 2012
René B, The Vinkeles Team at Vinkeles, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
We are very pleased to receive your positive feedback. It is a delight to hear your enthusiasm about restaurant Vinkeles. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share it. We are very much looking forward to having you back as our guest.
Stockholm, Sweden
“Taste experience”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Since we stayed at the hotel, we booked a table in the restaurant also.
Started with was champagne (something small glasses and overpriced).
We chose the great disgust translation menu with wine pack.
Very good and well prepared, (main one small portion) wine package was not to my taste, but it's a matter of taste. The service was friendly and good.
The environment in retaurangen was beautiful and comfortable.

Visited December 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review and share your thoughts. We hope to welcome you back in the future and we want to wish you all the best for 2013!