Tripadvisor
Amsterdam
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews train station an extra bed modern hotel great hotel minute walk recommend this hotel comfortable rooms comfortable stay checking in public transport city sprinter sloterdijk spar gym funky mattresses
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Amazing!! Great location opposite the local train station, excellent rooms with a great design and huge bathroom. Great shower, really comfy bed and amazing food! Overall extremely happy and would definitely return.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GeneralManager1043, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Amsterdam City West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Samcurren1999,

Thank you for your positive words, great to learn that you had such an amazing stay with us!

We are happy that you definitely will return to our hotel, we cannot wait to welcome you back.

Warm regards,

Özgen Saginc

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall this hotel is an easy, nice place to stay. The reception staff are very friendly and very welcoming. Bar / restaurant staff really are not polite or willing to even serve on some occasions.

At first glimpse the rooms are very clean and tidy, however we slowly discovered there were stains all over the carpet in various locations around to room, under the bedside cabinet in eye line from the pillow had clearly not been cleaned at all and to put it politely there were 'nasal bogies' wiped under the shelf.

Breakfast is a no go unless you like cold egg or a slice of toast. Over the road by the station is a lovely restaurant called 'The Breakfast Club' this was amazing and cheaper than the food at the hotel so would defiantly walk a couple minuets across the road for their breakfast, loads of variety, very clean and friendly staff. Also there is a Starbucks located just behind the station.

Location isn't great there really is nothing around the hotel however the station is opposite and also easy to get uber/taxis from outside the hotel. You can also hire the hotels bikes which are really cute and cheap.

Overall I would say this hotel is great for a couple nights but they defiantly need to work on cleanliness and food options.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location and superb facilities. Our bathroom problem was not resolved which is a pity. Would highly recommend the hotel otherwise. Enjoyable breakfast and lovely stylish rooms. Would definately return.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2020

This is my fourth stay and I will give up any basic expectations to avoid further disappointments. Reception staff is always nice and friendly and that's were the positive experience stops. Ever since my 2nd visit I have 2 profiles, every time the friendly reception staff tells me that and promise to combine it to one profile. Guess what happened yesterday... yes I still have two profiles and a new promise. When checking in I asked to have the same level (9th floor) I've been the last two times. "Sorry sir, this floor is fully occupied" so I got a room on the 4th floor just next to the elevator. 45 mins later my colleague arrived and checked in ... yes you guess right, he got room #9xx

Restaurant is awful every time. Last time we waited more than 30 mins for our drinks and ordered a fresh fish of the day, what they served was fish and chips ... breakfast tables weren't cleaned up. This time the same experience at the bar again. Super slow service - no customers but still they let you sit and wait and wait and wait... they cater for tour groups and I guess for them or for infrequent travelers it's pretty OK but when you travel approx 200 days a year and hotels become your home away from home this hotel definitely makes you feel home sick. They can stop sending questionnaires after your stay as feedback doesn't make any change nor do they follow up. If it wouldn't be for our corporate guideline I wouldn't recommend or go there when in AMS for private reasons.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2020

Even when your room is ready for check in the receptionist will ask you to either wait for 3 hours or upgrade for a huge fee.
Otherwise superb interiors and cleanliness. The temperature control of the shower and AC could be improved greatly.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends