Hotel 83 Amsterdam
$248
$229
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $276/night.

$561
$331
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe red light districtshort walk to train stationbars and coffee shopssteep stepsbed roomnoisy at nightthe ground floorcold meatsprostitutesdambulldognightlifecanal
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

What a bargain this hotel is, great location in the red light district, large clean rooms and breakfast included, will definately be staying here again soon, and is a smoking hotel :-) only downside were the incredibly step stairs to the upper floors lol

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here last week.

Good points : Its cheap and very central... and strangely despite the location (heart of the RLD) its actually very quite inside the hotel... got 2 x great nights sleep.

Bad points : Its typical budget Amsterdam hotel .. a bit worn-out (but fine)... crazy steep stairs up to the rooms (only suitable for young people), basic breakfast .. slightly grumpy staff. My Room was small and I had to share a bathroom and shower room with residents of another room.

My biggest bugbear was I had no television in the room... there was one in the big reception area but there was always a few burly looking Russian gangster types hanging around smoking cigars, I don't like cigars or gangsters ... so didn't get to watch any TV. Also no tea/coffee making facilities in my room and couldn't get a hot drink at a reception during the day.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the busy street are quieter for light sleepers
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights on our first trip to Amsterdam a few weeks ago. We booked through booking.com, it was great value compared to most other hotels in the vicinity (Amsterdam to us seemed quite pricy for accommodation). It was easy to find, about a 10 minute walk from the central station and in the midst of the Red Light District (squeezed in between a coffee shop and an "erotic outlet" haha). On first impression we were disappointed - we'd been allocated a tiny room with two separate single beds and a shared bathroom down the hall, although we'd paid for a double room with private bathroom. I spoke to reception who were at first reluctant and said the hotel was fully booked (understandable as it was King's Day), but after checking through the computer system for some time they eventually agreed we could move to a double room on the next floor. Which was MUCH better. The bedroom was large, basic furnishings and a bit dated but perfectly functional and comfortable. The bathroom was huge and looked quite new. Wifi only worked in one part of the room but was okay. The room was surprisingly quiet considering its central location, we could hear strange noises coming from the street late at night but nothing enough to keep us awake. We slept through breakfast every day so can't comment on that. Overall everything you'd expect from a budget hotel - basic but clean, a perfectly good spot to rest up when you don't plan on spending much time in the room anyways :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kelsey_J_A
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I stayed with my husband at this hotel from the 11th to the 17th of May in 2014.
Excellent location - right in the heart of the RLD - local to lots of main attractions.
Best hotel of its price range in the red light, excellent bathroom facilities and good size room for in dam
The staff were quite helpful and friendly. The wi-fi not working The first three days, but latter throughout the hotel was top notch.
Breakfast was also quite good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank passenger_10
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel every time I've been in Amsterdam and never had a bad experience that I can recall. The location is fantastic, you couldn't be more central, the hotel is right on the Red Light District.

Rooms are cleaned, towels changed etc...daily. Rooms are very clean and safe to leave your belongings in whilst your exploring the city.

Breakfast buffet is included (which I usually missed) and is ok, pretty standard continental breakfast really. Bread and jams, boiled eggs, cheese etc...

Another bonus is the free WIFI.

Would return (as always) to this hotel!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends