“Spacious rooms and great walking distance to train station and red light district”
Review of Hotel 83 Amsterdam

Hotel 83 Amsterdam
Ranked #273 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed over August and stayed for 3 nights costing 80 euro which I found reasonable in comparison with other hotels nearby. We checked in and there were no issues with the room, during the evenings I didn't seem to hear much noise, the beds were comfy and had our own bathroom which was a wet room, the showers were good but I was not a fan of the wetroom. I Found the staff slightly rude at times and the free breakfast was rather poor but overall good value for money would probably stay there again

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Dandysam

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is far from a 4 or 5 star resort, but if you a looking for an affordable room, in the heart of Amsterdam Central, this is your place. The people there were nice and friendly. SUper helpful, but it was smokey. And the stairs are brutal. it was a place for us to crash while we enjoyed everything Amsterdam had to offer. I had a great time overall.

Room Tip: we chose a 2 person room, it was on the top floor. Taking the stairs up sucked, but we had our own...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank laulipops
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I'm not quick to say this is a budget option as the prices were still high, but comparable to hostels in the area. Though in the red light district the location is good for access to Amsterdam's sights. Only a few minutes walk to the Damrak and close to the train station as well. Very touristy and busy though so can be quiet noisy. The rooms were very very basic and very badly decorated. No soul to the place. The wet room bathrooms were clean but inconvenient as water gets everywhere. Breakfast was basic and not great quality. Staff are off putting and unfriendly. Overall not an enjoyable place to stay and there are better options available, I wouldn't recommend this place.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are very noise as they overlook a busy touristy nightlife spot.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Amsterdam was our first stop in Europe, and we were so excited to get to the hotel, drop our bags and start exploring. I was absolutely disgusted by the state of the room. I guess the first thing that jumped out at me were the blood stains on our sheets. The fact that I didn't even want to take my shoes off to walk around was quite off putting, and the washroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned since the last guests left. I had no problem staying in the red light district, in fact that was something I was really excited about, so I wasn't expecting the Ritz, but this was beyond anything I could have imagined. The staff was so rude when I asked for fresh sheets, and actually suggested we leave to open up the room for "happy guests". Needless to say we checked out immediately and went to stay at the Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel (which again wasn't amazing, but felt like paradise compared to this hell hole).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gillian A
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Despite booking and paying for a double bed, own shower / toilet we were given single beds in a grim dirty room heaps of excuses and they took my money for what i had booked when i arrived that evening. Went to room found out situation and tried sorting it out.... loads of excuses, really poor. Been to Amsterdam loads of times - I WOULD NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicholas E
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Hotel is in Red light district and not good for family with young children. Very noisy till 4 AM. Staff was good and help full. Area was fully crowded after 4 PM till 4 AM. I stayed with young children, was very difficult to walk on street with them.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family