“enjoyed everything about my particular experience”
Review of Hotel Allure

Hotel Allure
Ranked #73 of 337 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My top floor single was in fact a two bedded room on the street but I heard no noise. THe place is spotless and looks brand-new with nice furnishings and a very pleasant staff and a delightful breakfast room with potted orange trees and light. In november this room cost less than 70 euros in this convenient location. 4 stops from the station on the metro and the Tram 10 goes lots of places, such as the Museumplein, etc...
I can see from the comments that it is often much more expensive and that would indeed change everything.
I was there in mid November

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Allure

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Found hotel with booking.com was rated 7.9. Positive experience. Well located, clean and silent. Good value for money. Highly recommended. Do not take breakfast at hotel, there are much nicer places in the surroundings

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Agoefilo
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The first thing I want to say is that staff throughout my stay were very very helpful.
Location wise the hotel is ok. Not far from the Amstel and near a tram.
The rooms are very small but clean and relatively well appointed. Bathrooom tiny.
My biggest issue with the hotel was the noise from outside (I was front facing). Most nights it woke me several times. The hotel need to sort some decent windows.

All in all ok. Would I revisit? Not unless they lowered their prices.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Extremely small overpriced room for 300+ euro for two nights I can get much more value. The size of the room is really the biggest problem for me- only one person can move around at a time, bed is small and the only service you get is a clean room.

Location is not ideal because you still need to hop on to a tram to get to leidseplein area or dam square, Rembrandt plein is a good 15 minute walk so it's not exactly close by either.

Wifi is 4 euros for a day, problem is if I lock my phone try to use the internet again I have to re-enter my credentials again to get back wifi access. So if you're used to email/whatsapp alerts none of that will work, you have to login every time.

Not a great experience for me, I've stayed in other Amsterdam hotels even relative to similarly priced hotels this place does not cut it for me- I do not recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here in June at a rate of €95 per night for triple room they have for 3 people (excluding breakfast). The front desk staff was very helpful. The location is nice and very close to Tram and Metrolines . However the the rooms are small but clean and comfortable.
Recommend if you don't have anything mind.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank saurabh164
Reviewed September 8, 2013

When we were making our reservations for a hotel in Amsterdam, everything was sold out because of a large convention so we were happy to get this hotel but the guide books quoted $100-139 price and we paid $300--quite a jack up of price. The hotel is in a good location and was clean and staff was friendly and courteous. However, our room which may not be representative was on the 3 floor and more like an attic closet. It was very small and they tried to jam usual hotel furniture into it so the mirror in the bathroom was on a slanted wall--trying see yourself in that. It was also very hot. They did serve breakfast which was good. The beds were foutons and were adequate. Would only stay there again if we had a different room and lower price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

First the positives:
Helpful staff, clean rooms, hot water, decent sized safe.
Unfortunately the negatives outweighed the positives:
?488 for two nights is very expensive when neither breakfast or WiFi access are included. The hot drinks facility does not include complimentary tea & coffee. The tap in the bathroom was loose.
I understand that hotel demand in Amsterdam is high, especially for this weekend and that will drive prices up but for that kind of money I can get a two nights in a five star hotel in Dubai or Hong Kong that includes breakfast and wifi.