“Very lucky to have found the 2nd worst restaurant in my life.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Mykonos - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Seating
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very lucky to have found the 2nd worst restaurant in my life.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

After walking around a bit on a rainy Sunday night, we walked in to a Greek restaurant named Mykonos. There were a few people in the restaurant so the outlook looked ok for the mean time. We ordered a set menu with a salad main and soup. The soup came quickly and was simple but tasted good. +1 star for that.
Then we waited ... And waited... And waited for 40 min. At this point there were only 10 people in the restaurant.
My health conscious partner is very strict with her eating habits at night and wont eat after 9:30. Since the time was too late for her to eat she asked for her order to be canceled and that she would gladly pay for the soup. I kept my order...

The waitress (looking nearly in tears) was told to tell us she couldn't cancel the order because it was almost made. Almost? After 50 minutes! My food came 4 minutes later. It was defiantly pre cooked and frozen then reheated. In 3 words: dry, bland, and old. Dry is for the meat freezer burned to perfection. Bland is for the unflavored rice that was served as a side. Old is for the salad which you could make out the brown tinge when things start going bad.

I blew off a great looking 2.50€ kebab for this. I am one lucky man. It's not everyday you eat in a horrible place and go onto the web to tell others about it. M for Mykonos and McDonalds the later of which I do not much care for as a restaurant but would have gladly eaten instead.

1 Thank Witg5

• Greek first
Fredericksburg, Va
“Spiced meatballs and Tzatziki”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

I have mostly gotten spiced meatballs with Tzatziki and pita served together or in 2 servings. Here, you have to order them each. Strange. My meatballs were a little under cooked but still edible. My friend had a Gyro which was ok but nothing spectacular. At least they had Ouzo. Service was a little slow, only 2 for the room.

• Visited November 2011
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“horrible restaurant... a shame for greek cuisine..not greek at all!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

I visited Mykonos on August...it was not a busy period obviously so while i was waiting for my meal i talked with the waiters....and i realised that except for the waiter noone else was greek...not the cooker not the owner...
I sat outside and my table had an ashtray,a red candle and a tray with a herb..none of these were removed ehen my food came...but i dont know who would like to eat with a plant on his face!
The food was horrible since they had no idea what greek food means...since we dont have vegeterian musaka in greece..Yes i m greek...and the best part is that i ordered a large beer and i had tiny flies in the foam of my beer.When i mentioned that to the waitress she took the beer and brought me a new one without apologicing..the only thing that she said was that during August Holland has lots of flies...(Greece also but we never give beer with flies)
Things became even better when i asked for the greek salad/choriatiki which normally comes with olive oil and feta...but this salad had an unknown origin oil which would be better to use as a car lubricant and a white cheese which was not feta for sure....the best part is that in every greek restaurant bread is included with the salad but mykonos charged me 3,50 euros for 5 slices of bread and butter(which is not included in a typical greek meal).
While eating my salad a fat cat started walking around and climbed to a couch...
Anyway my musaka was not completely defrost and some areas were extremely hot and some other not...but i said nothing because some things dont need to be told..some things are supposed to be in a proper way...
Honestly I dont care about the horrible meal that I ate nor about the money i wasted to this place...I m greek and i do not tolerate this restaurant as representative of the greek cuisine and mentality...Even the music that they play as greek music is not traditionaly greek..instead of syrtaki or traditional music they play antypas and lefteris pantazis(greek performer who have nothing to do with greek music)
Our food is much better,cleaner,healthier and tasty....and our music has a great tradition...whatever you listen/taste/smell or feel to this place as greek culture always remember that this place has only a sign which claims to be greek...it s not greek at all!!

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank athanasios t
Geneva, Switzerland
“Better to stay hungry than eat here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I love greek cuisine, and eat it often enough to know that Mykonos is possibly Europe's worst Greek restaurant. Seriously terrible - from the service to food - enough to make one hate Greek food. Stay clear of this place.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank Sherrie_Russell
Paris, France
“Absolutely horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

Yes, we knew that Queen's Day is the busiest day of the year in Amsterdam, but the restaurant owner apparently didn't care too much about that...
With only one employee serving all clients, waiting times were horrible (over half an hour) for food that seemed to be coming directly from the supermarket: extremely simple salads, unspiced meat, and accompanying greek breads were not even provided.
The restaurant owner accepted us (as a group of about ten), but subsequently refused to arrange the tables in such a way that we could sit together (while shouting and scolding at us) and normal people pay more attention to their gold fish than he paid to us.
Conclusion: never going here again.

• Visited April 2011