“Northern Italian(like France)”

Ranked #47 of 4,136 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is not your typical Italian restaurant. If you told me it was French I would have believed you. Very tourist friendly but not a tourist trap. I only heard English spoken and the menu is in English. Excellent food.The Osso bucco was not traditional but very, very good.

1  Thank alucks

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We tried both courses from the a la carte meny and the fixed menu, and everything was well-prepared and tasted excellent. The courses in the fixed menu was beautifully presented, but quite small. The a la carte courses larger, but still not enough with one course for a grown man. The staff was friendly and efficient, and the atmosphere very nice. To get a really high rating the prices would have needed to be a bit lower. You can get equally good food and atmosphere for less money in Amsterdam, but if I was to e.g. celebrate something with the family this would be a perfect place. One recommendation is for your company to either all choose fixed menu or all choose a la carte. Otherwise you might be sitting waiting for your food while the rest of the company eats.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The food can be delicious and design nice (and Jordaan district is the best in Amsterdam), but when some of the staff is really unwelcoming and pretentiious, impression is totally spoilt.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I'm travelling on business this week in Amsterdam and followed Trip Advisor's high rating to book into Bussia for dinner. Given I would be alone in a busy restaurant I requested when I made the reservation to have a private table. I arrived tonight and was shown to a table in the centre of the restaurant which instantly made me feel uncomfortable. I'm not sure if any one person was responsible for me as at least 3 different people sporadically visited my table - I would describe service as mediocre to poor.

The food, however, was incredibly good. I had bean soup to start followed by tortellini - I can't fault either in any way.

I would return to Bussia but not alone. Tables with 2 or more people received much more attention than the poor lonely diner.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had 6 nights to plan dinners in Amsterdam and Bussia was one of the higher priced options. The food was beautifully presented and very tasty. The service was quite good. However, it was the highest priced by a significant margin. We were happy we ate here, but would visit a couple of the other places we tried (Max, Brasserie de Vlaming) again first.

1  Thank DavidSta