“Exellent”
Review of Amsterdam At Home

Amsterdam At Home
Ranked #27 of 338 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 9, 2014

"I stayed in the apartment last December and loved it. It`s right in the middle of everything but in a very quiet street. It`s very spacious and super clean. Although there was no breakfast included Chris and David provided me with snacks and juice. They gave me all the privacy but were available if I needed something. It felt like having my own house right in the heart of all the action. I will be back for sure!!"

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed 1 night with my sister in the upper apartment of Amsterdam at home. This apartment is just wonderful!. I felt as if I came home. The dining room has a beautiful big table, there is a kitchen with microwave, Nespresso coffee machine, fridge, and even a dishwasher. Upstairs there is a big bedroom, wirh a bathroom, a nice place to sit and a comfortable bed. Everything was very clean. The street has no traffic, so we slept long . It didn´t feel like being in the middle of Amsterdam, and yet the Nieuwmarkt was just a few steps away. I am very happy to have found this special B.and B., and I recommend it especially to people who want to stay a few days or more. It feels like living in Amsterdam! I am sure I will visit here again!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We have stayed twice now in the studio room at the Amsterdam at Home B and B in Amsterdam. As the name implies, the room is your home away from home with a shabby chic theme which makes it fun. Because this house sits on an off street, the room is quiet even in the day so it's the best place to continue your nap from a hang over last night :) While this room is small (the second floor has much larger rooms and suites) everything is efficiently and comfortably arranged with a shower in the room, very comfy bed, and a window seat. We love the little touches in the room, fresh cookies, milk, tea, coffee and a fridge filled with food. We couldn't have been happier with our stay, both times. Chris and David make hospitality happen from the moment you walk through the door with their warm and friendly welcome and tour. They have made sure that no detail is left unattended but never in a fussy way, always in a relaxed comfortable manner, from food and kitchen facilities. While visiting we have enjoyed getting to know people from all over the Amsterdam and beyond. For new visitors to the area, Chris were very helpful with suggestions and advice. We had such a good time in February that we returned in November, we know we will be back again. Ric, Jack, Romel and Carisse.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ricsilver623
Reviewed December 6, 2013

In november I stayed 1 night in Amsterdam at home with my sister. We were in the upper appartment and as soon as we opened the front door we were very amazed. The big table (10 persons), the kitchen with everything you need to cook, the bar, the couch, the bathroom. And upstairs a big bedroom with a perfect bed, bathroom and a small inner garden. Very lovely. And all this in the center of Amsterdam in a small, quiet street. We'll be back again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I regularly travel to Amsterdam for work. The location of this place is perfect. You can walk to any where from it. Located in a very quiet street but just few steps away from bars, restaurant and Metro station. The lower ground studio has everything you need while on holiday. It has kitchenette, fridge, microwave, and Nespresso coffee machine! It's very clean and very bright! I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Björn A
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This place has such a good feel to it. You get two levels with a kitchen and dining room downstairs, it is just like your own house in Amsterdam. It really gives you a good experience as to what it might be like to live in Amsterdam.

David was very thorough in telling us about Amsterdam, a great host.

We don't have any negatives, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bec_and_daz
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed there last week in the lower ground studio. We were reticent at first, as the studio is located at the lower ground floor. For some it might be considered a basement but it is actually very common in the old town (as we discovered later on) and only adds on to the charm of the place. The room was very bright and cozy and came with many small little touches, like a bottle of wine and fresh fruits. Everything was immaculately clean and kept clean throughout our visit. The location is just perfect!! Even though it is just off the busy Nieuwmarket Square and Chinatown, it's very quiet at night since it's in a small residential street without traffic. We walked everywhere from there (the wonderful Hermitage Museum is very close by and shouldn't be missed by art lovers!). The icing of the cake was the service from Chris and David, who sat down with us and showed us all the good places on the map, including outstanding recommendations for dinner - there is nothing like having advice from locals who know the city so well. We are already thinking of our next trip to Amsterdam and no doubt about it we will stay at Amsterdam At Home again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple