“Excellent accomodation in the BEST LOCATION” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amsterdam At Home

Amsterdam At Home
Ranked #16 of 329 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent accomodation in the BEST LOCATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the "Sweet Dreams" apartment, it was clean, warm, fresh and very well equipped. We arrived late evening and were met by Christel who provided a drink, map and all the information we wanted for our five night stay including, where to eat, best museums, local markets, bike hire and even her personal phone number in case we got lost !! Excellent service. The location is perfect, a lovely quiet street with just a short walk to the hustle and bustle of the City. The apartment is in the best part of town the "Real Amsterdam". The local people are really freindly and helpful. We would happily book here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Finnish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just came back from spending three night at this great place. We stayed in the basement studio and it was fantastic. A typical Dutch house situated in a quite little street in the heart old Amsterdam. The studio is quite big yet very cosy and homely. And as a plus Christel is a wonderful hostess who greeted us with wine, fruit and breakfast to start our experience in Amsterdam. She was very helpful providing information about the city, what to see, where to eat…Cannot wait to come back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Such a cosy room, well equipped with really comfy beds. Great location so close to the center of Amsterdam yet the little street is lovely and quiet, very welcoming after the hustle and bustle of amsterdam. Christel(owner of the b +b) was really helpful and accommodating made us feel right at home. If I were ever to visit Amsterdam again I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Levin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Christel welcomed us with open arms even though we were over an hour late and she had an appointment to get to. She still had time to provide us a welcome coffee and cake, which was really good. She provided us all the sights to see to make the most of our  short 2 day stay in Amsterdam. Providing us her personal phone number in case we got stuck along the way.

We were in the basement room which was a very romantic hideaway. Fully appointed with kitchen facilities ( especially the bottle of complimentary wine ), good bathroom and the room had underfloor heating which kept it very cosy. There was a small amount of noise from the upstairs room, nothing we couldn't handle. But worth mentioning as we had an early departing group who made lots of noise.

Location was perfect and let us explorer the best part of town. The local square is less than 2 minutes away and contains all the entertainment and restaurants you could possible want. A very safe and family friendly area of town.

I am writing this about 20 days after our stay, we are still traveling Europe and I must say that we remember this experience fondly and would happily book again on our next visit.

• Stayed April 2013
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I were in Amsterdam April 21 - 24. Two years ago we stayed at Christel's (the owner) Amsterdam At Home B&B. We loved it and had such a great time, we thought, "Why try some other place when we know what's there.?" So we booked in three nights again at the B&B. We arrived by train from the town of Maastricht at noon. It took about ten minutes to walk from the train station to the Nieuwmarkt area at Korte Keizersstraat 12. We rang the doorbell, Christel answered. We were welcomed with a big hug and a greetings drink to celebrate our return arrival. We sat with her and husband, Hans, for about thirty minutes just talking about anything and everything. We felt right at home. She also told us that Hans would drive us to the airport the morning we needed to fly out. This was a new addition to what had already been fabulous service. For the next three days and nights, we were in and out, having just a fun time in this wonderful city. One night, in need of a good Italian restaurant to celebrate a birthday with some friends, I called Christel on her personnel phone. She answered, told her what I needed. She gave me the name of a nearby restaurant, Ristorante Gusto, a short walk away. It was excellent. The B&B was as before, very clean, and yet so quiet with its location not far from the busy Nieuwmarkt area. It's a residential area. Not many people walk by, especially at night. You are not awaken by groups of loud people walking by. The apartment we stayed in was two levels. Kitchen, dining and living room on the first level, bed room and bathroom on the second level. The kitchen was stalked with cold sodas, beer and wine, stove, pots, pans, utensils and plates. The morning we had to catch an early flight, Hans was there exactly at the time he said he would be there. We made it to the airport in plenty of time. He even helped carry our bags into the terminal. So, after two years of being away, our return for stay number two at Amsterdam At Home B&B was just as good, if not better this time. We highly recommend it and the great hospitality of Christel and Hans.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

A beautiful two floor apartment equipped with a bar, full kitchen and 1 1/2 bath! The romantic decor includes wooden furniture, chandeliers and plants. As an added plus it is in a great location and Christel is awesome! Loved this place!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I am returning to Amsterdam at Home in a few weeks for my second stay! My first stay was last spring with a friend and it dawned on me I forgot to put down in writing how wonderful my stay was. When I arrived Gavin was waiting for me to give me the key. I stayed in the Sweet Dreams Apartment which is the upstairs part of the B&B. I was not expecting a two floor apartment and both my friend and I were very impressed. It was bright an open and very spacious. We appreciated the bar and ample kitchen space. Amsterdam at Home is on a small canal street and is very quiet but it is a quick two minute walk to the market square. They have a great farmer's market on Saturdays that is definitely worth checking out. There are many coffee shops and pubs very close by and we found everything else was close enough that we could easily walk (museums,parks, historical sites). Christel popped in once during our week stay and she was very friendly and gave us some great tips on what to see. Amsterdam is such a fabulous city with something for everyone and I could not imagine visiting this wonderful place and not staying at Amsterdam at Home. It will definitely be my home when I visit Amsterdam.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends