“A Rustic-Chic Oasis!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 331 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
New Orleans, Louisiana
“A Rustic-Chic Oasis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

A beautiful two floor apartment equipped with a bar, full kitchen and 1 1/2 bath! The romantic decor includes wooden furniture, chandeliers and plants. As an added plus it is in a great location and Christel is awesome! Loved this place!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Finnish first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I am returning to Amsterdam at Home in a few weeks for my second stay! My first stay was last spring with a friend and it dawned on me I forgot to put down in writing how wonderful my stay was. When I arrived Gavin was waiting for me to give me the key. I stayed in the Sweet Dreams Apartment which is the upstairs part of the B&B. I was not expecting a two floor apartment and both my friend and I were very impressed. It was bright an open and very spacious. We appreciated the bar and ample kitchen space. Amsterdam at Home is on a small canal street and is very quiet but it is a quick two minute walk to the market square. They have a great farmer's market on Saturdays that is definitely worth checking out. There are many coffee shops and pubs very close by and we found everything else was close enough that we could easily walk (museums,parks, historical sites). Christel popped in once during our week stay and she was very friendly and gave us some great tips on what to see. Amsterdam is such a fabulous city with something for everyone and I could not imagine visiting this wonderful place and not staying at Amsterdam at Home. It will definitely be my home when I visit Amsterdam.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed last July (just very slow in writing reviews!) for a 50th birthday and had a wonderful time. Christel was friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived - lots of advice on where to visit and eat. Christel had bought some groceries for our arrival, and organised bikes for us from the B&B; we felt so welcome and looked after. The location is great, and the basement room, with it's own bathroom and kitchenette was very comfortable. The TV could have been bigger (but only because we wanted to watch the Olympics - any other time we'd be out and about and wouldn't need a TV!). Definitely recommended if you want somewhere with character in a true Amsterdam house.

Room Tip: Basement if you want independence and self-catering, or upstairs for a welcoming shared living room...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

wow!!My boyfriend and I stay in Amsterdam for 2 days...so nice and the owner of the B&B was soooo nice and friendly..it seemed to be at a friend's house...she offered us a drink as we arrived and gave us some tips on where to go and what to see!! The independent apartment was so comfy and the heating that came from the floor was very pleasant to feel!! Good cleaning and very near to the center!!
ciao from Rome

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank giorgia1986
netherwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here at this B&B (recommended by friends)and we were made to feel most welcome by the owners.The rooms are lovely and comfy and we would most certainly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank blu r
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We had so much fun staying at "Amsterdam At Home". We stayed there for a short holiday and the marathon. The location was great, the place was great too. Christel had good recommendations and was very helpful and friendly. I highly recommend this b&b over staying in a hotel... We are not usual b&b customers and were blown away with the accomadation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EOCon
Santee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Amsterdam was a two day stop over on or way to Africa. Amsterdam At Home was recommended to us from someone who had stayed with Christel and Hans several times! What a great place. The name says it all, you truly feel at home. Christel meets you at the door with a smile and an offer of a drink. Her smile and contagious laugh is exactly what you need after a long flight from the US. She is a wealth of information and gave us the must sees and wonderful restaurant recommendations. If my travels ever take me through Amsterdam again I will stay with Christel and Hans!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family