We recently returned from a trip to Amsterdam, where we stayed at La Vie en Rose apartment no 1. Within minutes of arriving at The Central Station, we were in the street the apartment is located on. It was very easy to find on the street map we had.
On arrival we met our host Yvon who showed us to the apartment. Yes, the stairs to the apartment are steep but we had no problems taking our luggage up them. Yvon showed us every room of the apartment, and everything was sparkling clean and beautifully furnished. The main living room with the two beds/sofas with scatter cushions was perfect to come back to after a hectic days sight seeing, to chill out and relax with a glass of vino! Far nicer than your bog standard hotel room, and around the same price too!
The mini kitchen was well equipped with everything you need to make a meal or two inside if you so wish, which we did on a couple of occasions, although I must admit the food we ate out in Amsterdam was divine, but the option is there is you want to. The bedroom is small and very cosy, but not a problem as you have the rest of the apartment for space and relaxing in. The bathroom is a good size, very clean, with a powerful shower and good lighting. Yvon was very friendly and drew us a map with some recommendations of where to visit, and ideas of where to go and eat.
The location of the apartment is absolutely perfect, close enough to everything without even using transport. We were there for 5 days, maybe on the next trip we would venture further afield but for this trip we didn't need to. It was close enough that half way through the day you can pop back, freshen up and be on your merry way again! It is not smack in the middle of the really touristy bit, which suited us down to the ground. It is in a very nice area, with lots going on, restaurants, shops and a supermarket on the same street, and underneath is a cafe-bar, which I must add does the best cheeseburger and chips!
The whole area is a network of beautiful streets and canals, and you can wander for hours looking at the lovely architecture, or stop at a canal side cafe and indulge in a few hours of people watching!
The Anne Frank House is within walking distance, as is a lovely area called 'The Little 9 Streets', which was one of Yvon's recommendations, which we enjoyed very much.
So all in all we had a very hectic 5 days sightseeing, shopping, and eating lots of fabulous food, and La Vie en Rose was just perfect to come back to and chill out in, whilst in the perfect ambience created by our hosts with the beautiful furnishings and decor throughout the apartment.
We will be returning to Amsterdam, and I now no longer need to trawl the internet looking for the perfect place to stay as we have found it!
Thanks Yvon and Christa for making our trip special. :o)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a historic town house, B&B La Vie En Rose offers comfortable, bright-colored spacious apartments with free Wi-Fi in the center of Amsterdam. Dam Square and Central Station are half a minute away. La Vie En Rose's spacious apartments have a private entrance and private bath room and a kitchenette.All necessary utensils are provided.The apartments have 7 huge Windows with great city views! Anne Frank House, the Jordan area and Flower Market and most main attractions are a short walk away from B&B La Vie En Rose ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Vie en Rose B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Vie En Rose Hotel Amsterdam
- La Vie En Rose Bed And Breakfast