“Its not the ritz but its a great place”
Review of Botel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Botel
Ranked #226 of 368 Hotels in Amsterdam
Bracknell
“Its not the ritz but its a great place”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We booked this hotel as part of a package with easy jet, after arriving at schipol and taking the train to Amsterdam central it is a 15 ferry ride to where the boat is berthed. Check in was fast and efficient, and the room ( although small ) was clean and the bed was very comfortable.The rooms are cleaned daily and the bed's remade. Breakfast was buffet style with plenty of hot and cold choices. The staff are friendly and are a great font of knowledge when it comes exploring the city. If you want a 5 star hotel then this is not for you, however if you want a base to explore the city that is clean and inexpensive then this should tick all the boxes.I will definatly book this hotel on my next visit to Amsterdm.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lordelpus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
new zeland
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Booking this over the internet was easy as 1,2 3. and getting there by public transport was as equally easy. A short walk from the main station and harboured in the main harbour this is a 'different' motel to say the least.
The beds were great, the sheets clean and pressed and the room an ok size for a short visit. the TV was comprehensive and the service good.
The price was on the high side I thought, but given it's location and easy of access to all the main areas, worth it.
There was some noise at night from other guests reurning but it didn't last all night so that was ok.
I'd go again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank majnz
North London
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We had a lovely stay on the Botel, staff were very friendly and the breakfast had plenty of choice on offer. The room wasn't very large but for us this was not a problem as we went to explore Amsterdam not spend our time in the room. Shower was powerful with plenty of hot water. We were on 4th floor with lovely view so cannot complain at all. We would recommend a meal on the pollux boat lovely meal and very nice people with good service and wasn't expensive. We will be going back later in year and will definitely be booking the Botel. The money we paid for 5 nights on the boat we felt was very good value.

Room Tip: We were on 4th floor had nice view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My first hotel I stayed in was the Botel which was anchored at the NDSM pier. It surprisingly moved about more than I thought it would. On one occasion I was having a shower and the towels were horizontal! The botel wasn't as glamorous as I thought it would be and the rooms were rather small, but overall I enjoyed my stay on it.

I suppose the only downside is that you have/had to catch a ferry from centraal to get to it. If you fancy a late night, you have to get a different ferry and wait for a minibus to pick you up.

Wouldn't stay on the botel again but glad I have had "the experience"

Room Tip: I suppose a higher floor would be better than the ground floor rooms...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Totnes
Reviewed December 7, 2013

On arrival I felt dismay at being so far out of the centre and having to catch a ferry running each half hour.The room smelt a little of old socks,but hey.
The Botel is situated amongst the old industrial units of the shipyard.The area is being slowly regenerated and in a few years may be the Camden Lock of North Amsterdam.
There are old boats,an old sub and other interesting things dotted around the quay.
There are two bars nearby,Plleke and Northern Lights.Both serve food and a great selection of beers.Both have awesome sound systems and play good music.
The area looks desolate at first but is a fascinating mix of installation artworks made from reclaimed industrial waste,with huge cranes looming in the background.
It is just sooooo cool.
So yes,I would go again.I would probably recommend early summer.

Room Tip: Upper decks have better views.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen J
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I have spent 2 nights at the Botel (one more to go) and the Botel is not at all as expected. The rooms are very very basic, tiny and very outdated. We were looking forward to staying here after it was recommended by some friends but I wish now we had booked a hotel in the city. You have to get a ferry from here to centraal, which only runs every 20/30 minutes, all well and good until you miss the ferry by seconds and then have to stand and wait! When we checked in, we had problems with our room key, they couldnt swap rooms therefore having to ask at reception everytime we wanted to come back in (being a smoker, this got very tiresome for me and the lady on reception!) They swapped our room the next day but that was after having to stamp our feet. The beds are very hard and uncomfortable, only one pillow! (I would recommend asking at reception for another). The shower is very powerful and really quite nice considering you are practically standing on the toilet to have a shower. The breakfast is very good, something there for everyone, and we both looked forward to this. All in all, I would not stay here again, but book something closer to central Amsterdam.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Fewins88
Blackpool
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Firstly, we didn't know the Botel had been moved across the Ij to a very shady part of town! pent too much time using the ferry to get back and forth to Centraal Station and to access all that Amsterdam has to offer. The local bars/cafes don't take cash and we didn't have the right card so couldn't eat or drink near the Botel. The accommodation was, to put it mildly, appalling. Cramped, very small en-suite (you can toilet, wash and shower all at the same time.) No soap, no hospitality items and you have to pay a deposit to even get a hair dryer!
Tried the bar but the wine was awful and prices high. Breakfast was just as bad, toaster didn't work properly, cheese and cooked meat was curling and going a strange colour and the cooked offering wasn't fit for a dog.
Would NEVER go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: A different hotel near to the city centre!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels