“Friendly atmosphere, fairly priced”
Review of ADAM's ID

ADAM's ID
Reserve a Table
Thu, 7/18
8:00 PM
Ranked #1,916 of 4,900 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighborhood: Sloterdijk
Description: Adam’s is the perfect place where breakfast, delicious street food flavours during lunch and drinks come together. When the sun is shining and the weather is heating up, you can also choose to eat or enjoy a drink on our large rooftop terrace. And remember we are here to cater for your events! We our located close to the sloterdijk station and opened everyday of the week. See you at ADAM's ;)
Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

I’ve eaten on my own at Adams a few times as I stay at the hotel often on weekdays. It’s a great atmosphere, friendly and relaxed. When the weather is good you can seat outside.

It’s a limited menu (which I like!) but the food quality is pretty good, dishes are well presented and somewhere on the small side I would say. It’s mostly European and Dutch dishes.

It’s great for an easy relaxed meal and value for money is pretty good. I won’t give 5 stars only because I have always had to wait longer than expected for food to be served

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed December 21, 2018

We stayed in the Apartments upstairs for a few days and some of us took the breakfast which has a plentiful buffet offering hot and cold items, salads, fruits, bread selection etc. that gives a good start to the day for sightseeing. They sometimes have offers if you pre-book, which is great quality and value.

The restaurant has a nice atmosphere at night. We arrived on a Sunday and pre-booked their 3-course dinner. They ran out of some of the items (maybe it's a Sunday) but offered reasonable substitute - soup not amazing but the fish and meat dishes tasted really good.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 24, 2018 via mobile

Had breakfast here during a long weekend in Amsterdam. Run out of sausages, only had a few small pieces of bacon. Plates were quite dirty. Staff were nice enough though, although it would’ve been nice to know we could have placed an order for hot food rather than just knowing about the buffet.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 14, 2018

We had a big group (30+) and the chef requested us to send in our orders a week before. However, it seems the kitchen still had a hard time coping, intervals between starters, main course and dessert was quite long. I had mussels with coconut milk as starters, quite good with a hint of spiciness, but I was disappointed when I bit on a particularly undercooked mollusk :-( (oysters I eat raw...but...mussels? Never had such an experience before...). My main course of Canard was a tender fall-off-the-bone quarter leg of duck. It was tender. End of story. Dessert was tiramisu, and since some people didn't wait for dessert anymore (waiting time between courses was looong) we had some mud cake to share. The mud cake was in a glass tumbler with ice cream and was white. I am sure this particular dessert in this particular restaurant has its own story, but as mud cakes go - shouldn't they be...mud-coloured? At least to indicate that (dark) chocolate is an ingredient? Or maybe this meant to break the cliche. Whatever.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

This place has a lot of potential, but the service dropped it down in our experience.

The food was great, and they had a decent selection of beer.

The servers were quite friendly, but seemed to forget about us a few times. We had to stand at the bar with our payment ready to get someone’s attention to get our bill.

It was a convenient place to visit, since we were staying at the hotel, however we would likely try other places before returning to Adam’s ID

Date of visit: October 2018