Amsterdam Canal Apartments
$210
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$248
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $289/night.

$322
$211
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$104
$561
$332
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewswasher dryerexcellent apartmenttourist attractionsthe location is perfecthome away from homepublic transportwithin easy walking distancecafes and restaurantscomfortable stayshort walkquiet streetbasdelftcanalsupermarkettaximicrowave
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Having visited Amsterdam several times before and using hotels that range from two to five star rated, we wanted to experience staying in an apartment. We chose the Canal Apartment as it was central to most attractions and has really easy links to public transport. The apartment itself is very large, extremely clean and to be honest home from home. It really is the perfect base for a busy couple like us, and after a day of walking, cycling, drinking and eating at the many bars and restaurants that are located around the area, you can rest easy, sit at the table by the large front window and watch the world float by.

The apartment is more than adequately equipped from a very good wifi service, to a dishwasher and washing machine. And to complete the kitchen, I recommend a visit to the Nieuwmarkt Square for all your fresh food – you’ll be in Utopia if you like cheese.

Bas, the owner of the Apartment lives upstairs, but is very discrete. He is a really helpful (and extremely happy) host and he has created a very detailed guide for all four corners of Amsterdam and more!

We loved our stay and would not hesitate in going back tomorrow.

Thank you very much Bas.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jmdm_Essex
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The Canal Apartment is very centrally located and convenient to transport, the museums, good restaurants and just about anything else you could want in Amsterdam. Almost everything is in walking distance which made for a very pleasant holiday. I would definitely recommend the Neighborhood City Guide (found on the apartment website) which Bas has put together. This gives you a good overview of what is in the area.

The apartment itself has a lovely view across the canal. It is a perfect place to watch the world go by. The apartment is very well outfitted and it is very hard to think of anything the kitchen lacks of in terms of cooking utensils etc.. In addition to the good restaurants near by there are also ample places to buy very nice produce, fish etc. if you want to cook. We really enjoyed our stay and I would not only recommend this apartment, but I would also stay there on any return trip to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank fgret54
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Booked here for 7 nights but ended up staying 8. Would have stayed 10 nights but it was booked unfortunately. That tells you something about how much I liked it here.

I emailed Bas the owner my arrival time and sure enough when the taxi pulled up outside he was there to shake my hand and show me around the apartment. A nice welcome.

I stayed in the canal view apartment. It is a large studio and would suit a couple perfectly. The apartment is part of the owners house. It is a beautiful 4 story 17th century canal house on gorgeous Raamgracht canal. The apartment looks out over the canal and the houseboats. The Zuider Kirk is behind and the bells play briefly on the half hour or so throughout the day as mentioned by other reviewers. I loved it as it added to the charming atmosphere of Amsterdam. The bells stopped at 11pm.

The apartment is fully equipped. Dishwasher, washer dryer, oven and cook top and all the necessary cookware. There is satellite TV and good wifi.

It was clean and well stocked with spare linen and towels.

The location is superb. I hired a bike for the week (a must do in Amsterdam) but you can walk anywhere in the city from here. Albert Heijn supermarket is 3 minutes walk away and has everything. The Waterlooplein flea market is next door as well. The Nieuwmarkt metro station is at the back of the block and if I had released how close it was I would not take a taxi here from Centraal station but the 30 second metro trip instead.

Bas is a discrete and helpful host. It was nice knowing he was nearby if needed. The apartment has a lot of charm and character. I loved sitting at the table by the window with a coffee or a beer and watching the street life. It is a quiet area by the way.

Amsterdam is an expensive city for accommodation. I thought this place was a bargain for the quality, cleanliness, location and service. Would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank ozplod66
Reviewed May 2, 2012

if you're looking for the perfect place to stay in Amsterdam, you have found it here!! we rents both apartments for 2 couples, and we were very happy! the location is perfect. . .just one stop on the Metro after Central Station, and within easy walking distance of major attractions. we stayed in apartment #2 and it is GREAT. One of the things I really appreciated was the fact that when I opened the cabinets, I found all those little things that make life so much happier. . .tea bags, cereal, sugar, and a plethora of beautiful dishes. honestly, everything is there, just like at home!! the bed was comfy, the shower perfect, the TV worked, the Internet worked. . .well, you get the picture. It's an absolutely great rental. . . .Just do it. You'll BR happy!!

Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank LuisadiBeaufort
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We (myself, partner and 12 year old daughter) stayed for 5 nights at Raamgracht 2 Apartment. It's terrific. The location is perfect, we walked (and rode bikes) everywhere, including to and from central station with our bags. You are right in the heart of things but, however, it is very quiet at night. The bells from the lcoal church are a lovely reminder of where you are! The apartment has everything you could need including a fully equipped kitchen (we ate out all the time, but handy for those who want to cook), washing machine and drier and separate sleeping area.

The owner, Bas, has written a guide which is fantastic... We ate at the places he suggested and everyone was a hit. It also includes things to do and see and outlines where all the local necessities are. The guide is generous in sharing local favourite things to see, eat and do - it also shows that the owner cares that you have a great time and make the most of the local area. We hardly saw Bas, which was nice. The booking was easy and Bas' friend was here to greet us, even though we were late because of train strikes.

The bathroom is small - the shower is great. The bed was very comfortable, and there is heaps of room in the living area for a fold out bed for a third person. All reports are this was comfortable too. The heating system is excellent. The wifi is good - a bit hit and miss - but, minor.

You MUST go to the little bar/restaurant/cafe around the corner, Englebewaarder. And a little further afield, don't miss the cafe on the top of the library (and check out the library too).

It's great value for money and you really feel a part of the city, with your own canal right outside your door.

Only downside was the smell of pot smoke from the guests in the apartment upstairs (we are not pot smokers), but, again, nothing like the smell of pot to remind you where you are!

We would definately stay here again. Loved it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family