Ways to Experience Wetlands Safari
from $62.48
More Info
from $74.05
More Info
All reviews canoe trip excellent tour picnic nature birds netherlands waterland highlights activity
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

Our family had booked the day tour with our 8 & 10 year olds. It was a short bus ride from the meeting point at the central station to the embarkation point. We were fortunate that two other families with kids of similar age were in our group. After a quick drink and orientation with Majel, we paddled into the network of canals. We were introduced to the wildlife and learned the history of the land and water. After a relaxing picnic lunch on an island, the kids went for a quick swim to cool off. We later stopped at a lake for an afternoon snack and longer swim for the group. I would highly recommend a tour with Majel to get out of the city and see the local wetlands.

Reviewed May 16, 2017

amazing all in trip through the wetlands north of Amsterdam. We were picked up at Amsterdam Centraal station by Marjel, She took us by bus to the first stop where we had a coffee and an explanation about what we were going to experience. Then: in the canou's for a wonderful trip through the old village Watergang and through the Waterland district. Marjel explained a lot about the landscape and the anilmals we saw, Also what is done to preserve the meadow birds. Extended lunch halfway and a drink afterwards. A perfect daytrip away from crowded Amsterdam!

Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

We had less than 24 hours in Amsterdam between flights and wanted a different way to see the area. This ticked all of our boxes.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

Our guide Majel was an awesome teacher and made me feel comfortable as it was my first time in a canoe. Although the weather was chilly and rainy, Majel brought ponchos and extra sweaters to keep the group warm. I was quite nervous in the beginning but Majel went at a good pace that allowed us to keep up and provided instructions along the way when we got a little turned around. My husband and I had a great time and learned a lot about the Nederlands. It was truly a highlight of our trip and one we would highly recommend to anyone.

Reviewed April 19, 2017

Utterly beautiful landscapes, a brilliant guide - Majel is knowledgable and friendly - and a unique perspective on the country. This is a brilliant trip. I can't recommend it highly enough. I want to go back and do the sunset tour now.

Date of experience: April 2017