“Lovely and quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #121 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersGold level
“Lovely and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We spent 3 nights here, hotel staff are very helpful, comfy big beds, nice rooms.
Located in a residential area but easy to get around by tram and a three day travel pass is only €16:50!
Had a fab time for a special birthday, ideal place to stay for a group of girls, in a safe area.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Hello,

my girlfriend and I booked the Hotel NH Musica in Amsteradm - 4 Star hotel for 4 nights.

We both travelled from Canada to Amsterdam, we had 4 big suitcases and two big backpacks with us. No one from the hotel helped us carrying the suitcases, the customer service front desk just looked at as as if we are from another planet.
The front desk people are the unfriendliest people ever, they are not saying hello or goodbye and if you have a question about their slow internet they get offended and upset with you.

The hotel was nice but the staff is terrible. I will never book a stay with NH Musica Hotels again.

Be aware, price seems ok for a 4 star hotel, but if you just 30 years old (as my girlfriend and i am) and you are not wearing a business suit all day long then you are totally fail on this place.
They dont like poeple which are dressed normally, just business suits.... this is really redicolouse!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TONO30
Llanelli, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have never given a Hotel a bad review before but I simply have to with this one, Ive just come back to my own bed thank god. The service was terrible, Its about half an hour on a crowded stuffy tram away from the center, which it costs like 12 euro's. the mini bar in the hotel is horrendously overpriced 3.50 for 75ml of orange juice and the prices are hidden in the top shelf away from sight, the "room service" consists of an extra hidden cost of 5 euros on top of whatever you order per item which is hillarious as you can only order a small amount of the menu at night time. the rooms look impressive however when you settle in you will realise that the "double beds" are actually single beds pushed together with NOTHING holding them together so you just fall through the middle all the time. the toilet made me howl with laughter. its located behind the bathroom door which means that you have to squeeze past the shower in order to use it, If i was a larger gentleman it would have been impossible. I will never come here again i would have had a better stay at a travellodge - not even an exaduration.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Welshexplorer1991
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed almost a week here and I was extremely pleased with everything. The breakfast was superb and the staff was super friendly. I had a room on one of the top floors and had a spectacular view! The room was big and clean and felt very luxurious (at least when you're a student!). They have massage chairs in the basement, which I used almost every day. After a long day of walking around in Amsterdam, it was wonderful to relax in one of those chairs! The beds are really comfortable, so we slept great every night.

The only thing I wish was different was the distance to the city centre. It's a good 20-minute tram ride to the centre. I enjoy train- and tram rides, but it would have been nice to be a little closer.

Thanks for a lovely stay :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
NHMusica, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Zuid, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice review and wonderful words about our hotel and the staff. I have already shared your nice compliments with the rest of my team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff. We are also very pleased to hear that you appreciated our spacious rooms, the massage chairs, the anti ox breakfast and the view from your room.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Amazing hotel. Absolutely beautiful, from the lobby to the rooms. Bathroom was fantastic had a great big bath and a shower. Very modern and fresh. Great prices. Would stay here again 100% lovely staff and the surroundings are cute. House keeping also do a good job and if you need anything they bring it right up. Tram 5 minute walk, takes about 20min to get into central Amsterdam. Great!!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank jaydsbella
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for all of your nice compliments about our hotel and staff. It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your visit to the NH Musica. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Hopefully we could welcome you back at NH Musica in the nearest future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had several days and two night in this hotel due to a training in december and january 2013/2014. Sleeping in a room is not nice: there is no good control of the air condiotioning so I had dry eyes and nose after a night stay. The matrass is poor: hard en not flat. I was glad to go home after one night stay.

The food is simple in breakfast and lunch. I had two diners. The first was terrible. Carpaccio of beef with a little bit of salmon from the other choice of starters. Plates were not clean and full of fingerprints. And desert was sent back to the kitchen: response of the waiter: I had no complaints this evening and the cook likes it.........

The second diner in january was better, but I can not advice you to eat in the hotel. The hotel is situated outside city center and public transport is not nearby (walk of 1500 meters).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GOlumbus
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your feed-back. Within NH Musica we are pleased to welcome all of our guest and give them the best service we are able to offer. It is actually a disappointment that you feel a lack of service. Unfortunately I can’t change that feeling at the moment but please do accept my sincere apologies and I will make sure that it won’t happen again by discussing your comments within my team so we can improve.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we would like to welcome you again in NH Musica in your next visit to Amsterdam and get the opportunity to show you that we constantly try to improve our services.

Gateshead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stay at NH Musica which I booked via Priceline.

I’ve read a similar review regarding the location, I booked what was the Vondlepark and surrounding areas on this website and it came up with this which I was initially worried about after reading some of the reviews. I must say the location is not perfect , but it wasn’t a problem for us. The area is a quiet residential area and a simple enough walk to the tram and metro, it really wasn’t an issue for us and we did this late at night. The location means that you also go through plenty of great areas of the city on the way into town and for us we used this to explore areas we might not have done if we’d been located more centrally.

The hotel was very clean, the staff polite and I didn’t eat at the hotel so can’t comment on the food. If like us you don’t have breakfast included there is a nice Dutch bakery en route to the station as well as a good Colombian eatery so you have a couple of options.

So if you do book this hotel via a 3rd party website don’t worry about the location, it’s actually quicker to get here from the airport as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank The_Mullys
Dear Guest,

About the location of our hotel, we are indeed not located in the city centre but in the heart of Amsterdam's 'Zuidas’ business district. Like you already have mentioned, it is a simple seven-minute walk to the tram/metro stop. We are looking forward welcoming you again at NH Musica.