“Great for Breakfast at a Value”

The Corner Restaurant
Ranked #2,100 of 4,358 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighborhood: Centrum
Neighborhood: Centrum
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My family and I stayed at the nearby Renaissance Hotel for seven nights. The breakfast buffet at that hotel was way too expensive. So we came to the Corner Restaurant for breakfast every morning (seven in all) because the menu had a good variety (English breakfast, American breakfast, omelets and a variety of coffees and juices). Every morning, I ordered the three eggs with ham, a cappuccino and orange juice. After going there so many times it became routine and I felt like I was a regular. The service was really efficient and there was great value (about half the price of the hotel per person). The outside seating area was either too bright or too cool in the morning so we always sat inside. It was still easy to watch the people, trams and bicyclers go by as there were large windows. I liked the atmosphere. It was a great way to start every day and breakfast was always available even if we came in at 11:00am. The staff were very friendly and always smiled. Come here if you are staying at the Crowne Plaza or Renaissance to avoid the high hotel prices. It is just about a one minute walk.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Had a pleasant afternoon snack here - a pancake with chocolate sauce. Waitress staff are a little all over the place - some are better than others so a bit hit and miss on ordering/service etc. However, food was nice and I was not rushed. Was able to spends a nice hour or so people watching in the sun.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

The food may be mediocre, but the service was excellent.

I had the wienerschnitzel and it was very good, but the rest of the food didn't compare. That said, the service was incredible.

The two servers and cook couldn't have done a better job. I will definitely go back the next time I'm in Amsterdam.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We had a special dinner based on really nice salmon sandwiches. Good service, nice place but cold because they keep the door opened!!! Staff is nice and furniture are lovely! Enjoy!!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

On a busy friday night, after walking miles stopped on a whim. Fish and chips average. Mayo served from a squeeze tube. Spare ribs average and greasy. Beer as everywhere in Amsterdam. Very good. Service was very nice . One lone girl waiting all tables outside and in was charming even though overworked