“Best take out in Amsterdam”

Small World Catering
Ranked #411 of 3,767 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Centrum
“Best take out in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

We are traveling Amsterdam with our three young kids so dining out isn't an easy option unless we want typical tourist fair (we don't).

We were overjoyed to find Small World and have returned 3x already! While we wouldn't usually have sandwiches for dinner, these gourmet sandwiches are definitely dinner quality in taste, ingredients, and portion size.

The tuna and wasabi mayo was slightly more than the other sandwich options but was considerably larger so the price is justified. And the taste of all of them is amazing!

Try also the carpaccio and Parmesan or the pancetta arugula and artichoke. Wow!

Take away is your best bet as there is limited seating.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Foodieladie

Seattle, Washington
“Dreams are made of these sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I are looking for excuses to come back to Amsterdam just to visit Small World. We came back two times in a row - it's that good!

Both times we were there, the owner was also there and he was super friendly and conversational. It was clear that he loves what he does and takes good care of his customers.

• Visited October 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
“A perfect place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Nice choice of sandwiches and a few other dishes. Very small with only a few seats by the window and a few outside. Lovely place for peoplewatching if you manage to get a seat!

's-Gravenzande
“Small but very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

What a very nice pastrami sandwich and an Aussi beef pie we had here yesterday. Due to the nice weather we could sit outside and that made it even nicer with so many interesting people passing by. Service is top notch, people are super friendly and fast. For sure we'll come back here to taste more of their nice menu.

• Visited August 2013
Amsterdam
“Small World is an Amsterdam icon, best broodjes and sapjes in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I honestly don't know where I would be without Small World. I've been going here for the last 7 years, and never wrote a review because honestly, I didn't want to share. I know, selfish. But now I'm older and wiser so here it is. It's where my husband and I go when we want to do something a little extra, not just the usual sandwich. The staff are super friendly and multitalented, whipping up a fresh juice while making a delicious cappuccino. I love the fresh tuna sandwich with the sublime wasabi mayo, I never think I can finish it, but always do because it's so delicious. They also offer warm dishes, salads, thai fish cakes and the best chocolate chip cookies you can find in Amsterdam for sure. (oatmeal raisin also yum).
Although they are very busy, the staff is always friendly and get your order out to you with a smile.
We always order 2 Ali G's to go along with our sandwiches. And no, it's not Sacha Baron Cohen, but an Apple Lime and Ginger juice, freshly made to order. ; )

• Visited August 2013